Originally Posted by rubiksolved
sorry for the double post.. : x
you seem to have a lot of wisdom you can share with everyone else.. : x
any words of advice to those younger than you?
Yes, I do.
1. Think before you act. Imagine the worst possible consequences of what you're about to do, and ask yourself if you are willing to pay the price. This isn't being paranoid, it's just being sensible.
2. Remember that one thoughtless act can alter the course of your life.
3. Everything you do affects those who love you, so that one thoughtless act can also cause them pain and
suffering through no fault of their own.
4. With a few exceptions, everyone has something good about them. Look for the good and overlook the bad as best you can. After all, you're not perfect either.
5. Instead of criticizing others, walk a mile in their shoes.
6. Learn to forgive. Mean feelings will eat you up inside.
7. If you see someone in need, help him if you can. It could just as easily be you in his place.
8. You've heard that you should live each day as if it were your last, because for all you know it might be. The same goes for your loved ones...take time for them, hug them and express your feelings. They might not be here tomorrow.
9. Learn from your mistakes. It's never too late to change your life.
10. Believe in yourself. You can work miracles.
And most important...learn to laugh at yourself!