Like a kid in a candy store...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Today was my day to run errands. We live 30 miles from the nearest shopping of any kind, so I batch things and take the whole day to buy vittles, etc.

One of the things on my list today was to check out live animal traps at Gander Mountain. We have a crappy problem with raccoons on our front porch, even though we live right in the city. We borrowed a trap last October and caught 12 raccoons and 6 oppossum by the time April rolled around.

Didn't want to overstay our "borrowing your trap" welcome from our friend, so I researched the area stores that had traps.

Buck and I checked out Tractor Supply on Saturday and were seriously disappointed with what they had.

Not so today. The trap Gander had was perfect and I'll go back and get one before fall rolls around.

The thing that made my salivary glands go into overdrive was the outdoor cooking area in the store. Omigosh!!! Enough Lodge cast-iron to sink the Monitor and all manner of campfire cooking "tools."

After the salesman helped me with the trap, I asked about camping cookware and he directed me to that area. I wandered, eyes glazed, in that department filled with fragrant wood chips for smoking, grinders for making sausage, grill pans for the campfire, etc.

I would've said "deer in the headlights," but that would have been a dangerous thing, given where I was.

I had a blast in the store. I can't wait to get Buck there. Maybe I can talk him into buying some great new toys.

I really get a kick out of finding a treasure trove like that. All kinds of new stuff to salivate over.

So, what did you see that will be going home with you soon?

I used to have a "Farm and Ranch Supply" store a couple hundred yards away from the rent house we live in (this area used to be rural, heck, someone around here has chickens, I can hear them crowing). That business closed, and now there's a Restaurant Supply moving into that building. I have another Farm and Ranch-type place about a mile from here. Maybe I need to go look for more cast iron?

Katie, next time you're passing this way on your way towards Allentown, stop and visit and I'll take you to Bass Pro Shop. You'll probably pass out when you see their outdoor cooking department!:LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom