Like His Mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
He didn't like the casserole
And he didn't like my cake.
He said my biscuits were too hard...
Not like his mother used to make.

I didn't perk the coffee right
He didn't like the stew,
I didn't mend his socks
The way his mother used to do.

I pondered for an answer
I was looking for a clue.
Then I turned around and smacked him...

Like his MAMA used to do!

:LOL: Makes me wonder how many of us did want to "smack him like his mother used to" but didn't!!:ROFLMAO:

When my brother-in-law first got married he made the mistake of saying that the chicken his wife Linda had made was not the way his mother made it. Linda said, fine. So she took his plate and threw it in the garbage can. He never said that again.:LOL:

I'll have you know that James loves my cooking! :angel: He does mention his mom's Goulash and Chocolate Rice a lot though! Actually that poem was sent to me by my pastor. hmmm :LOL:

:) Barbara

JoAnn L. said:
When my brother-in-law first got married he made the mistake of saying that the chicken his wife Linda had made was not the way his mother made it. Linda said, fine. So she took his plate and threw it in the garbage can. He never said that again.:LOL:
For some reason this reminded me of an elderly lady I met at the AMTRAK station in Fayetteville, North Carolina. We had hours to talk and she told the most wonderful stories about her life. My favorite was the one about the fried chicken. She was a newlywed and had never learned how to cook. Her husband had to go to Tennessee for military training and was going to be gone for awhile. She wanted to make him something special to take with him, so she asked her mother-in-law to show her how to make fried chicken. When the time came she fried the chicken, packed it up, and sent her husband off on the bus. After traveling awhile he got hungry, so he grabbed a beautifully browned piece of chicken and bit into it. The next thing he knew he had blood running down his arm! He didn't say a word to her about it until years later, but for their first Christmas together he gave her a beautiful set of cookbooks, and she learned how to cook. As far as her first batch of chicken, she said that she thought that if it was brown it must be done! I'd say that was a good loving wife and a loving diplomatic husband! As I said, this lady had so many good stories. I told her (and so had her son) that she should write a book. I even gave her the title: If the Chicken's Brown, It Must be Done! I told her I was going to be looking for it, but 10 years later I haven't seen it yet. It would have been a great book!

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom