Like the show or not, last night Iron Chef was great.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kitchenelf, I'm with you- that spinach/crispy bacon-mac-&-cheese looked heavenly! And, he put a little hot flavor on the side (chili I believe), just to "flay" it up.

The only problem with Iron Chef is that I get so hungry watching it, I'm always in the kitchen by the 30 minute mark!

Kitchenelf, I'm with you- that spinach/crispy bacon-mac-&-cheese looked heavenly! And, he put a little hot flavor on the side (chili I believe), just to "flay" it up.

The only problem with Iron Chef is that I get so hungry watching it, I'm always in the kitchen by the 30 minute mark!

That's how I get ideas for dishes. I may not know every single ingredient or measurement, but I can get the "gist" of what they're trying to accomplish.:chef:

......I really need to find that episode and Tivo it.;)

Watched Chef Cat Cora Vs. Chef Ken Oringer tonight. Oringer won, and for some reason I just love to watch Cat Cora get beat and was rooting for Ken so I was hootin and hollerin and smilin. He got her by 4 points!
No idea or reasoning why, but for some reason I enjoy see her get beat. Maybe it is an underdog thing, but I love it when the others win, especially Bobby Flay. I know, this sounds bad, sorry.
Although, I still say Besh over Simon. I thought Simon still needed a few more years on him and was not consistent enough to have a good record to 'defend the honor' of the stadium. Besh did not have the 'highs' Simon had but was more consistent I thought.
I know, in Iron Stadium you need and want Simons flare and what not but still...

EDIT: Oh, and I know its a re-run, LOL, but new to us as we missed it on 4/6 when it aired.

I just saw and recorded that one tonight myself.

Alton: "There's a mixer still going over there on Cat Cora's side, and we only have 15 seconds left!"

I don't think that they had time to whip the cream all the way. Judging from the consistency, it still looked kind of loose. But they had to make do and scoop some of it out of thr bowl and rush it over to top the dessert that they made.

They just barely beat the clock!!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Watched Chef Cat Cora Vs. Chef Ken Oringer tonight. Oringer won, and for some reason I just love to watch Cat Cora get beat ... No idea or reasoning why, but for some reason I enjoy see her get beat.

For me it's the way she talks.

Although, I still say Besh over Simon. I thought Simon still needed a few more years on him and was not consistent enough to have a good record to 'defend the honor' of the stadium. Besh did not have the 'highs' Simon had but was more consistent I thought.
I know, in Iron Stadium you need and want Simons flare and what not but still...

I heard parts of an interview with Simon on the Cleveland public broadcast WCPN.

Simon mentioned Besh had a 'mouth' that wasn't apparent to the viewers.

Heres a LINK to the WCPN 90.3 interview.

Hearing that only from Simon I am not sure I would consider it anything more than 'trash talk', or maybe a little insecurity on his part.
Now if some of the people that worked on the show said it, that would carry more weight with me.

I get a real hoot outta the original from Japan, which is now playing on some Lifestyle channel I think, but the new one is still my favorite. Love to watch Bobby Flay kick butt, and love his Throwdown show!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom