Like to cook at home? Read This

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
UPS came today ;) got my penzeys goodies. PENZEYS Spices Home Page

If you guys ever cook at home, and are serious about cooking..i cant reccomend this place enough.

You can save a phenomenal amount of money and get a higher grade of product at the same time. Best spices.

These peppercorns for instance - this is the stuff columbus came looking for. They are no joke.
img_499429_0_5d9c5cf3d2e4c517b02ac7f6408c7473.jpg

Sarawaks and Telicherrys are excellent. At my grocer 4.5oz of tellicherrys costs like 8 dollars.

On this site you can get 8oz of tellicherrys for 6.50.
thats just for black peppercorns...same goes for many of their spices(excellent value)

Other standout items are their Paprika, Cinnamon, and Saffron...they have amazing multiple varieties of these..including the best.

Overall best place to buy spices if you enjoy cooking whatsoever. Had nothing but good experiences with them.

Yep Penzys is awesome!!! Funny that you mention them. I was just chatting with a good friend of mine a few minutes ago. For her wedding I got her a whole pile of stuff from Penzys. Well she just signed up for a cooking class and the teacher was doing a class on spices. She recommended that her students all become very familiar with Penzys as they are the best quality and value around.

Leg I love their peppercorns. They have so much flavor!

Oh man, their peppercorns are amazing.

I seriously can't imagine cooking carbonara or pepper-crusted filet mignon without them.

Wow!

Next time you place an order leg, made sure you get some of the Smoked Spanish Paprika. The stuff is mind blowing.

Just got my latest Penzey's order today. I have been buying ALL of my spices through Penzey's for 12 years. Far superior to the grocery store stuff. If you think their prices are low now - you should of seen them just a few years ago. I place order's about 4 times a year. Would LOVE to have a Penzey's in my town. The storefronts offer are an amazing experience.

man... a storefront would be crazy.

Online is mindblowing enough. I cant imagine walking through there.

lol, i would blow so much money.

Cool. I have never heard of them.
So their spices are cheaper than the store and shipping doesn't kill you? I wouldn't say I'm "serious" about cooking, but I can't even find smoked paparika at my usual store. I'll do my spice shopping with them if they are that much better. And it sounds like they are.

the spices are cheaper.

But more than that, the spices are of much higher QUALITY.

It's so worth it dude.

Cool. I have never heard of them.
So their spices are cheaper than the store and shipping doesn't kill you? I wouldn't say I'm "serious" about cooking, but I can't even find smoked paparika at my usual store. I'll do my spice shopping with them if they are that much better. And it sounds like they are.
See for yourself. There is not reason to ever buy supermarket low quality spices again.

The first time I was in the Penzy's I was like a little kid in a candy store. $80 later I walked out with a huge bag filled with all sorts of things. Man was that a good day.

BlueCat said:
I have a Penzey's just a few miles from home. I love that place.

:-p - - - I'm so jealous!

And about the smoked paprika - it is one of my favorite things!!!!!!!!! I use it heavily when I make my chicken rub for my beer butt chicken.

"man... a storefront would be crazy."

You have a store in Houston. You have GOT to check it out!!

i moved some time ago unfortunately.

Man...when i was in houston i never knew there was a store.

what a crock!

Sorry for the late response, my subscribed thread notification isn't working again.....
But thanks for the additional props for Penzey's. I think I'll get a little order together for them :)

I made sure to stop by there when we visited my brother and his family in Oak Park, IL, last month. I try to visit them at least once a year, so I can see the kids *and* stock up on my spices ;)

Mmmmm....I LOVE Penzey's! I have one just a few miles from my house. There are very few spices in my cupboard that aren't from Penzey's. It is amazing to go there and actually smell the spices. Let me tell you that cinammon from there smells 100 times more fragrant than cinammon from the grocery store. Of course, I always spend a lot of money when I am there because I will find a recipe there that calls for a spice or two that I don't have. Their chili powder is awesome as well. I love that you can buy it in varying degrees of heat.

Back
Top Bottom