Lily Lily Queen of cats....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdswife, Sorry to hear about your four legged child. I hope both of you are feeling better and that Lily adjust to being sight challanged, lives long and loves well. Dawn

Aw Trish that's terrible. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know how you're feeling.
And no they're never "just a cat" or "just a dog" as Idiot has put it several times.
Ticks me off to no end because I feel as if all my pets are my children.
It's heartbreaking. I'll be thinking of you and Lily. Sending you warm hugs and good vibes.

So sorry to hear the news PW----I don't know what is worse--knowing ahead of time that their end might be near or passing on like our dear Tiffany (a silver chinchilla persian---think of Jeekinz's avatar without the watermelon hat). We had her for about 13 years and my daugher and I came home from shopping one afternoon and she had gone to "sleep" in the back yard. We both hung on to each other and just cried. Her boyfriend buried her in our backyard. All Tiffany lived for was to lay in your lap and be petted. I miss her purring and sleeping next to me. Sorry, I've got to stop.

Thanks everyone.
I'll let ya know what the vet says when he
calls Friday afternoon.

smiles, T

Sorry to hear about Lily. Hopefully she will carry on - often the blindness does not affect their daily life when things are stable.

One of cats went blind many years ago but as we had two young children, the house was very chaotic and it was better for him to be put to sleep as the noise and continual changes to the environment was causing him a lot of stress.

Well, it's her thyroid.
I'm so glad her kidneys are ok.
Poor cat will have to take half of a tiny pill two times a day and she'll never get her eyesight back but...she'll live and we'll make sure that she's happy and well loved.

Oh, Trish, what a relief! I know it's not a perfect diagnosis, but you will be a caring mommy and daddy and love her through it. Just scoop her up and give her a nice long cuddle. Make that a daily prescription. Hugs to you and dear Lily.

Well, it's her thyroid.
Poor cat will have to take half of a tiny pill two times a day and she'll never get her eyesight back but...she'll live and we'll make sure that she's happy and well loved.

Bittersweet, but good news.

Well, it's her thyroid.

so glad it's not worse news, and she can be treated for thyroid. Give her a lot of love and treasure each moment with her.

Wonderful news!! Blind doesn't mean suffering. She will have plenty of love and you don't have to see to get that!!

I'm so glad to hear your kitty can be treated. I hope she responds to the meds quickly. Actually, if there hasn't been total damage to her vision, sometimes cats can regain a little sense of light and dark, which makes a huge difference. Maybe Lily will surprise her vet in this!

I'm so glad it wasn't worse news Trish. Has this affected her behavior at all? I'm sure she is as loving as ever.

:)Barbara

:) Dear Trish, I'm so glad it's not kidney disease of course the blindness is really sad but I'm sure your kitty will adapt. I'm hoping the link on cat blindness I sent will be helpful.

I've been away for a few days so I'm just seeing this. I'm glad to hear it's kind of the best scenario. She'll love you as she always has; you'll love her as you always have. Sending Lilly good kitty vibes!

She started on her meds tonight and it seems to have upped her energy level. That's good as she was acting very sluggish but, it's bad because now she's walking around in circles and can't seem to quit meowing and crying. She wants to go outside but...we can't let her. I'm hoping tomorrow is warm and sunny so that we can sit on the deck for awhile.

Maybe you could create a chicken wire "tunnel" anchored to the ground from the deck to the yard that she could use to enjoy being outside without being in harm's way. She could be safe and you would know you were making her happy. It would give her the opportunity to smell the smells of being outside and bask in the sun, too. Just an idea.

David gave us a large dog cage to use. I'll have to make sure she can't get through the bars though. She would be happier in the sun..... * we live in Seattle but, we get sun now and again.*

She started on her meds tonight and it seems to have upped her energy level. That's good as she was acting very sluggish but, it's bad because now she's walking around in circles and can't seem to quit meowing and crying. She wants to go outside but...we can't let her. I'm hoping tomorrow is warm and sunny so that we can sit on the deck for awhile.
If you have an old playpen, perhaps you can put her in it so she can get used to using her other senses without getting hurt. You might try putting some of her favorite yummies in a bowl near her so she can "find" it with her nose alone. Poor Lily, it must be really confusing for her. Thank goodness she has such a loving mom. Can you imagine this happening in a family where not as much care is given?

Back
Top Bottom