Limited Edition Candy Corn Flavor Oreo coming out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
calling 2 vanilla cookies stuffed with candy corn cream an oreo is shameful.

i'm curious: does anyone actually like candy corn? it's sort of like eating stale fondant.

Last edited:

i'm curious: does anyone actually like candy corn? it's sort of like eating stale fondant.

:LOL::LOL: Bucky, your'e right, they do taste like fondant - actually the stuff they make them out of is probably very close to fondant. The white stuff in a cherry chocolate is actually fondant but it softens and gets flavour from the the cherry liquid. A candy like candy corn doesn't have any extra flavour. And working with fondant on a regular basis I can attest to the fact that it is not the best tasting stuff (except when I add peppermint or other extracts!).

As for the Oreo cookies, they have done every other flavour so why not candy corn? :LOL:

You won't find them in my home. I hate fondant. And I am not nor ever have been a fan of candy corn.

And as far as Oreo's, I prefer the Sunshine brand of chocolate cookies. The cookie is softer. I always felt that the Oreo cookie was stale because it is so hard and difficult to bite. Anybody want my share? You can have it. :angel:

Addie said:
You won't find them in my home. I hate fondant. And I am not nor ever have been a fan of candy corn.

And as far as Oreo's, I prefer the Sunshine brand of chocolate cookies. The cookie is softer. I always felt that the Oreo cookie was stale because it is so hard and difficult to bite. Anybody want my share? You can have it. :angel:

I'll take your Oreos, but not the candy corn kind. It just doesn't sound that good to me.

Oreo's are okay but I still long for the old Hydrox cookies. I've never tried the Sunshine cookies ... might have to search some of those out !

Yep, bucky. Candy corn was Buck's favorite candy...but only the kind made by Brachs because it was made with honey. That really makes a difference.

For some reason, I only like it around Halloween.

I never tried an Oreo until I was in my late teens (my Mom always made our cookies - the only bought ones were the Girl Guide (Scout) variety because I was selling them!). Because I wasn't used to manufactured cookies Oreos were no big deal. I think the only thing Oreo I have ever bought are the chocolate crumbs! So yeah, with this and my aversion to fondant, I will pass on these ones!

Back
Top Bottom