Little Earthquake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
We just had a little earthquake at our house...Only about 3 seconds or so. Enough time for me to wonder why the house was shaking and realize what it was, then it was done. Well, it seems exciting to me but you all are probably yawning...:sleep:

I'm not yawning, I'm wondering if that is all there is to it?
Have you ever been through one? Hopefully, that's is all you get.
Just stay safe!

We didn't feel it here Cora. And that's just fine with me. I don't like it when our house wiggles.

We do get earth quakes here in Wa. Luckily not very often and mostly they are small.

We get them in Ohio once in a blue moon. Barely enough to notice though. Especially when I lived right by the airport. My house shook from all the planes, so when we had a quake I didn't even notice it.

texasgirl said:
I'm not yawning, I'm wondering if that is all there is to it?
Have you ever been through one? Hopefully, that's is all you get.
Just stay safe!

I've been in another one before. That one that hit Seattle about 4 years ago. That one was big 7. something on the rictor scale? Is that right pds? I can't remember but it was exciting.

I lived in north San Diego County, CA, and we felt them now and then. You reminded me of one of my last ones before moving here. I shake my leg up and down a lot. One day I was sitting on the couch with my mom. I said, "Did you feel that earthquake?" She said, "No, I thought you were shaking your leg!"

:) Barbara

Corazon, here is the information on your earthquake. Here is a link that you can go to to report that you felt the earthquake.

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/STORE/X11232053/ciim_display.html Just click on the did you feel it? Tell us!! wording.

Magnitude 4.0 - WASHINGTON
2005 November 23 20:53:15 UTC

Preliminary Earthquake Report
Pacific Northwest Seismograph Network

[FONT=arial, helvetica]A light earthquake occurred at 20:53:15 (UTC) on Wednesday, November 23, 2005. The magnitude 4.0 event has been located in WASHINGTON. (This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.) [/FONT]
uw11232053_small.gif

[FONT=arial,helvetica]Magnitude[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]4.0[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Date-Time[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 20:53:15 (UTC)
= Coordinated Universal Time
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 12:53:15 PM
= local time at epicenter [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]Location[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]48.854°N, 122.138°W[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Depth[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]0 km (~0 mile) set by location program[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Region[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]WASHINGTON[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Distances[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]7 km (4 miles) ENE (68°) from Deming, WA
7 km (4 miles) S (180°) from Kendall, WA
9 km (6 miles) SSW (208°) from Maple Falls, WA
26 km (16 miles) SSE (153°) from Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
86 km (54 miles) ESE (123°) from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Location Uncertainty[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth fixed by location program[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Parameters[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Nst= 30, Nph= 31, Dmin=19 km, Rmss=0.42 sec, Gp=104°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=1 [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Source[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Pacific Northwest Seismograph Network
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Event ID[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]uw11232053[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom