Live 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russell, I don't know what Live 8 is. Can you enlighten me?

First off visist these websites:
www.one.org
www.live8live.com

Secondly, Live 8 is the largest concert in the world, consisting of ten concerts in 9 different countries (The one I went to pulled a crowd of over 1 mill. people), largest text message rally, and largest TV audience for a concert. What it also is, more importantly, is to show the leaders of the G8 countries (UK, USA, Japan, Germany, Italy, France, Russia, and Canada) to pledge a certain amount of money to "Make poverty history". All the money made during the 10 concerts around the globe goes towards making an end to ppoverty, as well as the billions of dollars pledged by the G8.
List of all the concerts:
Philly
London
Berlin
Rome
Versailles (Paris)
Tokyo
Johannasburg
Toronto
Moscow (?)
And another in UK

From June 6th to June 8th the G8 Leaders are going to meet in scotland and discuss poverty, and we will see if they pledge.

Russell, you were very lucky to attend one of these concerts. I have it on now. Thanks for telling me about it.......wasabi

i didn't see it in person, but i watched a little of it cause i wanted to see pink floyd play.

I watched pink floyd play on tv...that's the first time they played together in like 20 years (way before i was born :P)

yeah, i know....
it's cool, though. there's always 'the wall' to watch and all thier albums to listen to. plus there have been roger waters shows and laser light shows. the laser shows were a big thing around here when i was like 18.

Edinburgh (my home town) had a huge Live8 rally/march yesterday.

My daughter went to the Live8 concert in London. I'm amazed how little impact the Live8 concerts seem to have made on the general public in the USA. It was the biggest event in the UK yesterday! The Japanese one was also successful.

The Live8 concerts were masterminded by the same British people as LiveAid, 20 years ago... Although Bob Geldof is the front man - he's not the only person involved - but as an Irishman, he brings great passion to those causes he champions.

The G8 happens in Gleneagles in a few days' time. I can only hope that it passes peacefully. Many of the shops in central Edinburgh were boarded up yesterday - but there was very little trouble.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom