Local speech that drives you crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all of these hilarious kidisms have made for a warm, wonderful, rib-tickling offshoot from an otherwise rather cranky and occasionally contentious language thread. i'm certain there must be books of kidisms out there--compilations of kid-speak similar to the ones posted here. such books should be a veritable goldmine. i, personally, can't get enough of them--they are so funny, so gleeful and spiritually uplifting! :):)

...anyone have publishing aspirations?

all of these hilarious kidisms have made for a warm, wonderful, rib-tickling offshoot from an otherwise rather cranky and occasionally contentious language thread. i'm certain there must be books of kidisms out there--compilations of kid-speak similar to the ones posted here. such books should be a veritable goldmine. i, personally, can't get enough of them--they are so funny, so gleeful and spiritually uplifting! :):)

...anyone have publishing aspirations?

I think Art Linkletter and Bill Cosby beat you to it:LOL:

I'm with you Vit! This thread is alot "funner" now. Lol! I bet we could come up with some more "kidisms". I will start while I am thinking of a new food related thread!

DD always called whipped cream "whooped" cream here is a funny story about "whooped" cream.

When DD was about 11, our teen nephew was visiting for the summer, I was out one evening, DH served the two kids pie with "whooped" cream allowing them to eat it in the living room while watching TV.
DD came walking into the room with her pie, she promptly tripped and her pie went straight into the VCR slot! DH and nephew nearly "split a gut" laughing, poor DD was so embarrassed to have had this happen in front of her teen cousin that she ran out of the room and hid under the diningroom table. It took them quite awhile to convince her that the weren't laughing at her but at the the fact that her pie had gone directly into the VCR slot, poor DD she has never lived that down. BTW the VCR never lived it down either!

lol, thanks alix.

hey, what happened to karma, or the "improved" thanks button? is it that a vbulletin plug in requires down time, or are the powers that be holding back?

The word "absolutely". I have been noticing that when people use the word they will repeat it. The other day on the local radio station the announcer said it 4 times in 10 minutes repeating it each time.

"I did it on accident" is another one that drives me nuts. You did it BY accident, not ON accident. Same with should of, would of, could of. It's HAVE, not OF!

Since we're getting away from regions, I have a bunch of them that drive me crazy. How about "my bad"? I hate it. When you've done something wrong, you should say that you are sorry, not blow it off with "my bad".

How about what in the he-- ever happened to "You're Welcome"? My husband watches news channels constantly, and you hear "Thank you", Then Thank YOU". and on and on. Interviewers and their subjects can do this 3 or more times.

How about misuse of superlatives? You can't be VERY unique. You either are unique or you are not. Period.

Have Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares on the telly, and one of folks just said, " He tries to presentate the food real nice." Fingernails on a blackboard. Tuckahoe, New York.

Back
Top Bottom