"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #131
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
SO's daughter and her family live on the west coast of Florida north of Tampa. She refers to it as redneck country.
Ha! My question wasn't serious, Andy. I ended the question with "at" as humor only. I guess that joke didn't work very well....
__________________

__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #132
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Ha! My question wasn't serious, Andy. I ended the question with "at" as humor only. I guess that joke didn't work very well....
It wasn't the joke it was the recipient. I wasn't paying proper attention and didn't notice.

These numb spells are getting too close together. I'm gonna be really stupid soon.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #133
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
It wasn't the joke it was the recipient. I wasn't paying proper attention and didn't notice.

These numb spells are getting too close together. I'm gonna be really stupid soon.
Ha!

Yer killin me!

I've noticed that the older I get, the more often I will be working on something on the PC, have a side thought of doing something, get up to do it and halfway there, while still working in my head on the original task, I'll forget what in the heck I got up to do!

Then I just stand there in the middle of the room looking stupid.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #134
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,349
Relax, it gets worse.

I turn to get something out of the fridge and open the microwave that's next to it. ...and vice versa. At least the geography was good.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #135
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA,Florida
Posts: 3,834
Timothy and Andy, you are both younger than I am - just wait a few years, you may need a keeper!
__________________
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #136
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by licia View Post
Timothy and Andy, you are both younger than I am - just wait a few years, you may need a keeper!
Oh No!

Ok, I'm preparing an advertisement for a live-in nurse:

"Wanted, 6' blond with nursing background and a great body who wouldn't mind wearing a tiny french maid outfit and has and the ability to put up with a dirty old man." Must have appeared in at least one Playboy Magazine spread."

That's all I have so far...
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #137
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
I am guilty of calling the kitchen sink a kitchen zinc.
__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #138
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Oh No!

Ok, I'm preparing an advertisement for a live-in nurse:

"Wanted, 6' blond with nursing background and a great body who wouldn't mind wearing a tiny french maid outfit and has and the ability to put up with a dirty old man." Must have appeared in at least one Playboy Magazine spread."

That's all I have so far...
Just send me your rejects.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #139
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,005
I am annoyed by words that are invented and then used so often that they become accepted and added to the dictionary. The first one that comes to mind is incentivise.
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #140
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy

Ha!

Yer killin me!

I've noticed that the older I get, the more often I will be working on something on the PC, have a side thought of doing something, get up to do it and halfway there, while still working in my head on the original task, I'll forget what in the heck I got up to do!

Then I just stand there in the middle of the room looking stupid.
I've always done that kind of stuff. I can't remember an age when I didn't do that sort of thing. It's not uncommon for me to make three or four trips into a room before I remember why I was going in there. And I frequently do things like open a cupboard and stare into it as if that will magically reveal why I was going to the room. Then, when I give up and go back to my previous task, I frequently can't remember what I was doing. Some of us are very easily distracted and have nothing for short term memory.

I have a question for everyone. Do you pronounce the ei in neither and either as a long e or as a long i? I pronounce it with a long i except when I say neither nor/either or and when I use the two close together in the same sentance. Then I use the long e pronunciation. No idea why, I just do.
__________________

__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.