London under attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't call 'em "terrorists"...

I have been thinking long and hard about this "terrorist" problem, especially this morning after another huge explosion south of Bagdad and the first photo of the four bombers entering the train tunnel to London.

As long as we agree to call these people "terrorists", their psychological manipulation, meant to evoke terror in all westerners, will work for them. I think it's high time we began to call these brainwashed sheep, who do whatever their radical Muslim leaders tell them to do, just what they are: Fools. Suckers. Brainwashed idiots. Robotic killers. Puppets. Dopes. Choose your label, but let's not talk all the time about terror, carnage, danger, fear...this is the only thing that encourages their tactics and persuades them that what they're doing is working.

Young people: broadcast your disdain for the easily corrupted adolescents who become suicide bombers. Show your contempt for the teens who are buying the nonsense they're being fed by a bunch of cowardly, wiley old fools who wouldn't dream of blowing themselves up. Nothing is more distasteful to a young person, to whom social acceptance is so important, than to appear ridiculous.

I have just ordered a t-shirt from www.wearenotafraid.com that says, "Sorry! We are not afraid!" I intend to wear it. I heard the Brit who owns that new website on the news, and his attitude made so much sense. Refuse to be afraid! Sweep up the mess and move on. Show no reaction. Refuse to be defeated, even momentarily. The Israelis figured this out a long time ago, and it's time we did too.

Sorry! We are not afraid!!

Peggy Beaudoin

This UK citizen is certainly 'not afraid'. My daughter lives and works in London. And SHE is not afraid. I visit for work purposes about once every couple of months. And I am NOT AFRAID. If the IRA didn't get us down, what hopoe Muslim bombers....?

What I would say is that the whole Muslim community in the UK MUST come out on the side of 'right'. Admit that some of their members are misguided and must be dissuaded from joining splinter groups.

WE ARE NOT AFRAID.

thier1754 said:
Don't call 'em "terrorists"...

I have been thinking long and hard about this "terrorist" problem, especially this morning after another huge explosion south of Bagdad and the first photo of the four bombers entering the train tunnel to London.

As long as we agree to call these people "terrorists", their psychological manipulation, meant to evoke terror in all westerners, will work for them. I think it's high time we began to call these brainwashed sheep, who do whatever their radical Muslim leaders tell them to do, just what they are: Fools. Suckers. Brainwashed idiots. Robotic killers. Puppets. Dopes. Choose your label, but let's not talk all the time about terror, carnage, danger, fear...this is the only thing that encourages their tactics and persuades them that what they're doing is working.

Young people: broadcast your disdain for the easily corrupted adolescents who become suicide bombers. Show your contempt for the teens who are buying the nonsense they're being fed by a bunch of cowardly, wiley old fools who wouldn't dream of blowing themselves up. Nothing is more distasteful to a young person, to whom social acceptance is so important, than to appear ridiculous.

I have just ordered a t-shirt from www.wearenotafraid.com that says, "Sorry! We are not afraid!" I intend to wear it. I heard the Brit who owns that new website on the news, and his attitude made so much sense. Refuse to be afraid! Sweep up the mess and move on. Show no reaction. Refuse to be defeated, even momentarily. The Israelis figured this out a long time ago, and it's time we did too.

Sorry! We are not afraid!!

Peggy Beaudoin

AMEN!!!!!!!!! I'm going to look for that t-shirt now! I couldn't agree with you more! Well said!!!!!

Ishbel said:
This UK citizen is certainly 'not afraid'. My daughter lives and works in London. And SHE is not afraid. I visit for work purposes about once every couple of months. And I am NOT AFRAID. If the IRA didn't get us down, what hopoe Muslim bombers....?

What I would say is that the whole Muslim community in the UK MUST come out on the side of 'right'. Admit that some of their members are misguided and must be dissuaded from joining splinter groups.

WE ARE NOT AFRAID.

You bet! The Londoners/UK are taking that very attitude in general, and I admire you. We Americans are pretty gutsy, too. My issue is using that "terrorist" term, which just reinforces their belief that they can defeat us through terror and playing with our minds.

I agree regarding the Muslim community. Why do we not hear more from them? This is terrible pr for them and their faith.

Best to you and your daughter, Ishbel!

Callie, we'll wear our t-shirts proudly! :cool:

I so agree, thier! The Muslim religion is NOT represented by these terrorists and extremists. Any more than the "christian" religion was represented by Jim Jones. I don't understand why the real Muslims don't stand up and speak out.

I still get a pain in the pit of my stomach thinking about Jim Jones. That haunted me for a long time.

I think the mainstream Muslims, many of them, are afraid to speak out. Things have gotten out of control, and they're keeping their heads down. Maybe I'm wrong, but I hear nothing on which to base a different opinion. It's pretty quiet in Muslim land...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom