Look at what I found for pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...just add meat and water.

Could the affected wheat be in their original product? I don't mean to be creepy but it does worry me. :ermm:

:) Read what they say it sounds good to me I think its an easy alternative to trying to make pet food from scratch.If you read the testimonials and the media links it might ease your mind.As for me Im going to go ahead and get some it can be pricey for me having 3 dogs but I may try it as a supplement type thing to go with their other dog food.Then I will see if I cant make my own using the food dehydrator and see what I can come up with to give the dogs a boost of nutrition.

Half Baked said:
...just add meat and water.

Could the affected wheat be in their original product? I don't mean to be creepy but it does worry me. :ermm:

Like Half Baked's concerns, I feel that these companies may be the ones who fall between the cracks of the recall. I am going to continue using the dry dog food. I walked down the pet supply isle at the grocery store and the recalled products are not there. Smaller businesses like pet grooming services do not have a great market for selling their products on a daily basis. I can always get whatever extra pet supplies from the vet. I have a kitty on the special urinary tract diet. My vet carries a full line of dog & cat foods. You just go to the counter and buy it.

As for supplementing the dry dog food, for years people have just been pouring the fat off their meats like ground beef, bacon...etc and pouring over the dry food. I am sure there are some pets who will not welcome the dry dog food.

Last edited:
:) Well I bought some anyway I read the testimonials and the media reports and will give it shot my gut instinct tells me its good stuff.

Good luck to you.

There are SO many companies like that one - especially now. They're jumping out of the woodwork.

I'll continue feeding what I've been feeding & keep abreast of the news.

:) This gives you an idea of the ingredients

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Sojos European-Style Dog Food Mix
Our original mix, time-tested since 1985. A blend of grains, herbs, nuts and sea veggies that you mix with your own source of fresh meat and veggies. Like Hamburger Helper for your dog!
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
Sojos European-Style Cat Food Mix
Just add meat to create your own homemade cat food. Similar to our Sojos original dog food, but formula is customized for the unique needs of a cat.
[/FONT]

Sojos Europa Grain-Free Dog Food Mi
x
Our Europa "just-add-meat" mix contains a blend of dried veggies, fruits, nuts, herbs and other healthy foods for dogs with sensitivities to grains. Also works as a great supplement to our other diets.
[/FONT]
Monzies Organic Muesli for Dogs
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Made with organic ingredients, this pet food pre-mix consisting of grains, seeds, herbs, and other botanicals is also wheat & corn free for dogs with severe allergies.[/FONT]

Sounds interesting. I currently cook for my dog (trying to figure out what he's allergic to). Sojo sounds interesting but I'm already cooking the food so this doesn't do much for me. I've got my dog on a no wheat diet right now (that's what I think he is allergic to).

Here are a couple of options I'm currently thinking of switching to. As I've been researching food options, I've noticed that the ones that are considered good holistic brands tend to have human grade ingredients.

this one is supposed to be the next best thing to a raw diet that's in dry kibble form-
Grain-Free Dog Food, Cat Food, Ferret Food & Dog Treats – Meat-Based Pet Food – EVO Pet Products

Raw dehydrated-
The Honest Kitchen : Products

freez dried raw-
Steve's Real Food - Freeze-Dried Chicken Canine Diet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom