Look what I found in my back yard this evening.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I knew that was there. It is not a good picture, I took it with my phone. There are 3 DEER feeding in the yard. They were closer then the picture makes it look like.. I didn't want to scare them. They must have been feeding during day light because it is threatening a storm right now.

Last edited:
lol, oh sorry. i'm looking at it on my little phone.

too bad hunting in your own yard is illegal. you've got the meat and the grill all in one place.

So sweet!

We have tons of deer near us, but I've never seen one in our yard. Too many dogs on our road I think. Our neighbors probably see some because their property goes right up to the woods.

Where in this big wide world do u live?
I'd love to have deer in my back yard!

Nice, eh? We have loads of them here in Eastern Ontario, also. I see some on my way to work almost every day. Over the last few weeks I have been hearing coyotes down below my place. Pretty close, I'd say about 100 yards away, behind the tree line. That will keep the dear away, I'm sure. I used to let the dog out overnight in the summer but he has to stay in now. He ain't too happy about that, but,I don't want him to get attacked.

Last edited:
I love that strawberry coat they get this time of year. Nice pic.

This herd hangs around my yard most of the time. Around 30. They no longer bother getting out of the way of humans

Attachments

• DSC00105.JPG
    DSC00105.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 162
We live in deer heaven here in Culpeper, VA. And while I may shake my fist at them when they munch on things they shouldn't, I can't help but admire them as well. There are a few that we even recognize from year to year - until they disappear, most likely during the hunting season.

This year we have a lovely doe who has produced - for the first time since we've lived here - triplet fawns. They are SO adorable & tons of fun to watch jumping & playing in the yard. And then we have a favorite doe who, for the past 2 years has kept her fawn hidden during the daylight hours right up next to our house. (She must know we keep our dogs leashed when they're outside - lol!). I always have to be careful when I go out to work outside that I don't surprise them. Have no desire to be on that tv show - "When Animals Attack" - lol. Does can be quite nasty re: their offspring being disturbed.

I live in a subdivision of around 250 acres surrounded by a 7500 acre state park. The deer have nothing to fear, and so have multiplied out of control. When I moved here in 1992, there were about a third of what there are now, and single fawn were the norm. Now, twins are standard, and triplets are common. The subdivision has all over 1 acre lots, a lake, lots of green ways, no enemies, and we grow lots of exotic food for them. They are reaching the point that there are more than the area can handle. The herd that hangs around my place is one of several in the neighborhood.

Lol! I also thought you had found a grill! Didn't notice the deer and after looking closely they looked like dogs to me. Think I might be due for new contact lenses!

What beautiful creatures! My sister lives in Union Bridge Maryland, and she sends me pics like that of deer feeding in her yard. Here in Florida, all I get are armadillos!

So sweet!

We have tons of deer near us, but I've never seen one in our yard. Too many dogs on our road I think. Our neighbors probably see some because their property goes right up to the woods.
They LOOK sweet, but they'll eat your whole garden. That's not so sweet... :ohmy:

Never had deer in my back yard but we've had some monkeys. We have cows walking down our street each morning too and the bells wake us up and goats and chickens all over the place..lol!

What ChefJune said. I don't want those hooved locusts in my yard. I like to watch them, but I want them in the woods, where they belong. Ditto for those cute little bunnies and squirrels.

Luckily, my dogs have free run of the place, and I don't see deer around the house much--maybe 2 or 3 times since I moved here.

I do hear the coyotes--love to hear them sing. (But my dogs are too big to be coyote food.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom