look what my DH made me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
My husband just finished this for me yesterday. I've already tried it out with a day by the fire, a cup of tea and a book. It is very comfy and I'm glad to show it off to my DC family. I'll be spending a lot of time in it once the new baby comes.

img_177354_0_004562ffb63c0565ce4231ca71db5c5e.jpg

img_177354_1_dc0765bbf6057af36261fd28d553f5b0.jpg

Wow he is very good with his hands, I'm going to show my Dh when he gets home. I got a rocking chair when I was pregnant with #2 and I live it. I find it soothed me just as much as the baby.

Cora, that chair is a beauty..What a nice present..You and the baby will really be cozy..Better give the other little guy a good rock now though :LOL: I love his new picture, he reminds me of my Cade with that beautiful blond hair...

kadesma

That is beautiful and a wonderful job. DH gave me a Boston rocker the Christmas before my son was born on 12/30. It is still rocking grandbabies 38 years later.

What a wonderful beautiful gift. I'm sure you'll enjoy it
for years and years to come.

That is absolutely beautiful - and living in the furniture capital of the world I've seen a LOT of rockers - it's gorgeous!!!

I love your new chair! It is beautiful and it looks so comfortable! A good place to build memories with the new baby.

:) Barbara

What a beautiful present Cora!! It's a masterpiece!! I can see that he really rocks, and now you will be rocking in that chair, too!!
3.gif

That's a beautiful rocker, Corazon. Makes it even more special that it was crafted by the loving hands of your hubby.

Cheer

Looking at the picture, brings back memories that gave me pleasant feelings. Spent lot of time in it. First child spent whole day rocking cause everytime I stopped he started crying. I actually spent one whole day just in the rocker. Today, I am happy I did. But I won't forget it either. If my husband would have made it maybe our life would have had more meaning. Just like food, all efforts are made with one ingredient, love. May you have happy days to come.

That's a truly great chair, and made by a very thoughtful hubby. I can only wish I could craft something like that. But then again, we all have our own unique talents, and my DW doesn't lack for any attention or love.

Give your husband a great hug and let him see your excitement. He will feel on top of the world for making you feel on top of the world.

That's a wonderful gift.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

It's beautiful - you're absolutely glowing with pride and every time he sees you rocking the baby he'll glow with pride as well! Talk about a win win win!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom