Look what turned up at work...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stassie

Senior Cook
LadyCook61's thread about her new wee babies inspired me to start this one :). This wee chap (picture below) turned up at work a little while ago. I work at a University, and he was heard meowing amongst the heavy machinery in one of the labs. I doubt he's a stray, because he's as friendly as anything, and a good search didn't locate an owner, so he must have been dumped.

He was very crook... skinny as a rake, and full of worms / fleas / goodness knows what else. I called the SPCA, who told me that unfortunatley, they have an influx of kittens, and they'd have to put him down. So I persuaded my (reluctant) husband to let me nurse him till he was better and we could find him a new home.

Long story short, my DH fell for him too... so he's ours now. Isn't he a cutie?

Attachments

• Kitten 034.jpg
    Kitten 034.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 187
  • Kitten 018.jpg
    Kitten 018.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
oh my, he looks like my Snuggles . I am glad you and your husband decided to keep him. Unfortunately so many kittens get dumped , killed , and brought to the shelters. When my kittens are old enough (4 months old) they both will get spayed and neutered.

Aw, stassie, I'm smitten. What a cutie-pie!! What did you name him?

We called him Jasper :)

oh my, he looks like my Snuggles . I am glad you and your husband decided to keep him. Unfortunately so many kittens get dumped , killed , and brought to the shelters. When my kittens are old enough (4 months old) they both will get spayed and neutered.

He does - his face is almost identical! Yes, we'll get him neutered too, although I think our vet does them at just under six months.

Wow, Lady! Our vet won't spay/neuter a cat until they're 6-months-old.

Hubby called the ASPCA to get a spay and neuter certificate for less expensive rate and my vet accepts those. The person at the ASPCA said that the kitten should be at least 4 months old , no less and up to 6 months old. I figure the sooner the better. I researched on the internet too, there are different opinions about the age . I had my other two cats done at 4 months , they are fine, they are 8 yrs old now. Snowy was done at 5 months old.

The person at the ASPCA said that the kitten should be at least 4 months old , no less and up to 6 months old. I figure the sooner the better. I researched on the internet too, there are different opinions about the age . I had my other two cats done at 4 months , they are fine, they are 8 yrs old now. Snowy was done at 5 months old.

I've heard it said that the younger you get the boys done, the better, because if you leave them till they're older they can retain some of the more undesirable 'male' traits (spraying etc.) I'll check with our vet again.

:) Yep! I know the old " lets keep it and take care of it until we find it a good home" never has worked in this house we always end up falling in love and keeping the little creature. Besides who could possibly take care of it better than us.

LadyCook61's thread about her new wee babies inspired me to start this one :). This wee chap (picture below) turned up at work a little while ago. I work at a University, and he was heard meowing amongst the heavy machinery in one of the labs. I doubt he's a stray, because he's as friendly as anything, and a good search didn't locate an owner, so he must have been dumped.

He was very crook... skinny as a rake, and full of worms / fleas / goodness knows what else. I called the SPCA, who told me that unfortunatley, they have an influx of kittens, and they'd have to put him down. So I persuaded my (reluctant) husband to let me nurse him till he was better and we could find him a new home.

Long story short, my DH fell for him too... so he's ours now. Isn't he a cutie?

Oh my! He looks just like my Julia Child Kitty did the first time I saw her.

Good luck. I know you will have years of loving with him. I sure miss my Julia. :(

You do not own Jasper he owns you be super glad he found you. I live in a high rise apt complex and can't have a kitty or I would too love the little rascals

Cool cat!

You could ask your vet to help you out with the charges. Explain to them what the SPCA said and that you decided keep him. They will most likely help you out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom