Losing my son, came to close to home last night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TG, I'm at a lost as to what to say. My goodness, a parents nightmare come true. Happy to hear that your son is recovering and may God bless him for caring for a stray dog. My prayers are with your family.

He wouldn't stay the night here.:(
One of his friends is staying there with him though, so, it helps a little to know that.
We did find out that the idiot did not get arrested:ohmy: We don't know why either. They told my son's friend that he would have to press charges. WHAT??? I thought they they were arrested anyway and then kept if charges were brought up? Bigdog, need you here on this one. They never asked my son if he wanted to press charges last night. I just figured it was because of all the commotion, but, they didn't come up to the hospital either. I told my son to call in the morning and press charges, since the dept. isn't open on sunday:angry:
After he calls, I'll be calling too, everyday to make sure that something is done!! The problem may be in his family knowing the law down here. We may be in for a fight.

The police department isnt open on Sundays?? I thought most were open 24/7? Umm yes, have your son go tomorrow to press charges, he was in no shape (body or mind) to make that decision at the time of his stabbing.
His family knowing the law? What does that mean? The law is the law.

How horrific! I can't imagine how terrifying that must have been. I certainly hope your son and his friend have the good sense to keep the door locked and dial 911 if the bozo tries anything.

We live in a small town - the business office is closed on weekends, but if you call dispatch they should be able to send an officer out to take a report. If they won't I'd find and attorney who's a real doberman and go after them.

The police dept. is open on Sunday?? :huh:
Because crime and peril do not happen on sunday?? :shock:

Texasgirl, Im at a loss. Not sure what to say here. There are so many sides to all of this. Bottom line is Im just VERY happy your son is still alive and well!!
But Im still concerned about him and yourself. I hope he stays away from trouble and stays safe. My prayers are with you and your family.

Texas..
I am so sorry..I Pray that things will be better for your son. I don't understand why that boy is still free !!

A friend of mine oldest grandson had a Mountain Bike taken out of his garage and someone saw the guy that did it. When her G.Son saw the guy across a parking lot he yelled at him while holding a hammer with the claw in his hand and only the handle showing. The gas station attendant called the police and her GS was taken in and Bail was $10,000 !! Attempted Assault With a Deadly Weapon ....ended up paying court fines close to $3,000 and the thief was slapped on the wrist.

Oh my goodness Texas how scary this must have beem for you.
My heart goes out to you. I'm glad to see your son will be okay.
I'll be thinking of your family and son. I pray this all comes to an
end soon and that dirtbag gets arrested !!

(((Texas)))I don't know what to say-our children our sons- our hearts-love and energy to you all, Vicki

So sorry to hear about your son. I hope he continues to recover nicely. I cant imagine how worried you must be. Just wanted you to know you all are being thought about. Big hugs to you and your family.

Okay, this is what's going on. Where my son was is a kinda big community and they decided to make themselves a town and got there own city council and police department. It consist of about 80 homes or so. They aren't open on sunday or evenings. The county takes over when they aren't on duty. The county had to fax over the report of what happened and now the chief of police is questioning everyone envolved, including the idiot that stabbed my son:ohmy: :angry: instead of arresting him first. This is redneck country down here, no joke!! I'm taking my son in tomorrow at 6 pm to give him his side of what happened, show the discharge papers from the ER and get pictures of his face and the staples in his back. It is all backwards!! DH has told him to come home to save some money to move somewhere away from this place. We just have to find a kennel that he can afford for his dog until he can move. I don't know what is going to happen now. I'm not very optimistic about it either. I'm afraid that he'll disappear after talking to the chief tonight. Why he chose to talk to him first, I don't know, except for his dad knowing all the cops. Amber, down here, if your friends with the cops, you get away with just about anything. It's sad, but, true. I'm hoping that I can make this cop see reason instead of listening to a friend. I'll let you know what happens.
jp, this jerk couldn't care less about a restraining order. I already thought of that one. My son has friends staying with him right now, so, that helps.
Thank you EVERYONE for your thoughts and prayers. We'll get through this one way or another. DS stayed home from work today from all the soreness, but there doesn't seem to be any infection, I went by there after work to see for myself:)

Yes, this does indeed sound like redneck country to me! No idea what your son can do given he became part of this small community. I assume your son is an adult?

amber said:
Yes, this does indeed sound like redneck country to me! No idea what your son can do given he became part of this small community. I assume your son is an adult?

Yes, he'll be 21 on Monday.

We went and talked to the chief today and actually, it went better than I thought it would. He was very nice and just asked my son questions, told him to fill out an avadavit and come back Thursday to sign in front of him. He took pictures, but, the face is almost healed. I'm talking to the hospital right now in hopes that someone there took pictures, because, the county didn't.:mad:
I wish I had thought of it, I would have taken my camera, but, all I could think of is getting to the hospital to see my boy and know that he was okay with my own eyes.
The chief did say that it was assault with a deadly weapon, so, I guess he's taking it seriously, thank goodnes.
jp, I wish they did.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom