Losing my son, came to close to home last night.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
At 11:30, we received a phone call that my oldest son was in the ER and that they needed some information from me. After a few minutes of answering questions, I told them no more until I found out what was going on. My first thought was that his asthma had kicked up again, no, he was in an altercation and was stabbed:(
I've told you about the kid that stold his girlfriends, dads truck and the trouble he has been in before. Well, after they all went to jail that Friday, my son has stopped all communication with him, as much as the little creep would allow. He's been calling my son and harrassing him, has tried to get him kicked out of his place, as his mom is friends with the landlord, and other things. Well, they were both at a mutual friends house and the kid started with his girlfriends brother, then another friend, and when he was beating the crap out of the friend, my son grabbed him and tried to get him off. Still a little sketchy on what all went on, but, my son said that the kid turned on him, they started fighting, I know that at one point the kid had my son down and BIT him on the face:angry: and had his hands around his throat. It went outside somehow and then fell down the steps and went on for a while. The kid finally took off, with his girlfriend, oh yeah, she punched my son in the head at some point through this, anyway, my son realized his shirt was wet and found blood, the parent that came out and called 911. He was stabbed in the left portion of his back. Thankfully, it didn't hit his kidney. Had it been even a little bit deeper it would have, or, and couple of inches up, it could have hit his lung or heart. I don't know if this kid was caught yet or not, but, I'm scared to death of my son going home. We brought him home with us about 3am from the hospital. He received 5 staples in the wound. Now, we have to watch for that getting infected and the bite. Evidently, the bite is more at risk of getting infected since the human mouth is so dirty. I don't want him to go home, but, he's worried about his dog that he rescued from the street.
I have never been so scared in my life. I thank God that he looked over my son last night. I don't know what I would have done if I had received another phone call. He cried for the first time when we got there. The shirt that he had on was cut off and laying in the floor. There was so much blood!
Just had to vent this morning. I'm tired, but, can't sleep any longer.

Oh my Lord - that has to be a parent's worst nightmare and you had to live it!! I'll bet you'll be keeping that guy close with lots of hugs for a long while!

cjs said:
Oh my Lord - that has to be a parent's worst nightmare and you had to live it!! I'll bet you'll be keeping that guy close with lots of hugs for a long while!

I want him to come back home for a while, but, he won't. He doesn't want to give up his dog, as the poor little guy was immaciated and filthy when he rescued him. He said there is no way that he will abandon him like someone else did. I'm sure I'll fill better when I know the little creep is in jail and can't do anymore harm to my son. I'm just afraid that next time it'll be worse.

what a horrible story! I hope everything turns out right...
is the police doing something against that kid? He is a danger to almost veryone, not only your son...

I hope he will be right soon and no infections anywhere!

I glad your son is home with you for now. My thoughts are with you and your faimly that this all turns out well for you all.

I'm so sorry Tex! I can't even imagine going through what you are. It had to be one agonizing night. So any word on if they caught the lil creep yet? How's your son doing today? Prayers are with you all.

I'm very sooty to hear about your ordeal, but glad your boy was not more badly injured by that little miscreant!

I don't know what I'd do in your shoes, but it would probably land me in jail! The better alternative would be to do everything possible to be sure that the little creep ends up behind bars. He should be arrested and charged with attempted murder.

He should be arrested and charged with attempted murder.

I never understand how people can stab someone or beat them with a baseball bat in the head and it NOT be attempted murder. They seem to be booked for aggravated assault of something of the sort.

I'm so sorry for you, Tex. I had to show up at Johns Hopkins because my jock (alone) was attacked by skinheads with chains and bats. His dried bloody clothes were literally standing in the corner. His head was stitched together and they had to put a plate in his forehead.

They never arrested anyone. :furious: :censored:

Texas,
I'm so sorry about this. I can only imagine your shock and unhappiness. We as parents, turn ourselves inside out,keeping our kids from harm, then they are adults and we have to stand by and watch as they expierence the good and bad of life. Sometimes it brings such joy, then awful unbearable pain. Being a parent is the hardest, yet most rewarding job in the world. This young man who hurt your son, is probably without a mom or dad who cares where he is and what he is doing. Your boy on the other hand is loved and cared for..Hopefully the young man who hurt yours will pay for what he's done and you and your family can rest easy. I hope you know you've got lots of good thoughts and some of many prayers coming your way today and until this is over..Hang in there Mom, I know I don't have to say go hug your son, you've already done that. I'm here if you need me.

kadesma

Thanks everybody.
He's pretty sore this morning. He's having trouble bending and he's walking really slow, but, HE'S ALIVE!! I will never forget that 45 minutes of terror from when I was told he was stabbed and getting to the hospital to see him for myself. I've got him to where he'll stay here tonight. I'm taking him to check on his dog and then come back. I just want to be mommy right now and get him better. He's letting me a little bit, but, not too much, lol. Thanks again for your thoughts!!

Thinking of you TG....cannot imagine how terrifying this ordeal was for you both. Good that he is safe in his mum's care, only place to be right now.:)

Take care

Lyn

:mad: So sorry to hear what happened! That guy needs to go to jail.But what I find really amazing after all that your son has been thru he is still worried and concerned about his little dog.Why cant the dog stay at your house with him?

TG, I hope your son mends without any infections. Poor guy, he must be in so much pain. Hopefully they will catch that guy. Is there someone caring for your sons dog in the mean time?

jpmcgrew said:
:mad: So sorry to hear what happened! That guy needs to go to jail.But what I find really amazing after all that your son has been thru he is still worried and concerned about his little dog.Why cant the dog stay at your house with him?

I would LOVE to have Buddy here, unfortunately, my 5 dogs would too, to eat.:mrgreen:
He won't stay here. He's determined to go home. One of his other friends is staying with him to help him out at least.

Amber, a friend of his stayed at his house his last night for him. He found this out today. We're glad of it too.

Wow im sorry to hear this. It just shows the mentality of some people.. Rather use knives then words.

Well tell him 2 wrongs dont make a right and to not get back at this guy. i hope it all blows over

Back
Top Bottom