Losing Priceless things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i lost a ring i have worn for 44 years. my husband gave it to me on our tenth wedding anniv. not to family but to a housekeeper or her helper. it was here, they were here, and it is not here. i had put on window sill. stupid i know. this people had cleaned for my neighbor for many years. never occurred to me that they would steal from me. i called here when i realized it was gone. her helper said she saw it, wiped up the window sill and put it back. i may have misplaced it but i doubt it. would have put back on finger. it leaves a hole in my heart and a lovely memory tainted. i do hope it turn out i simply moved it and don't remember. i have looked everywhere i possibly can think of . it makes me so sad, as my husband has been gone almost fifteen years. it makes me think of him more often and how much i miss him.

Well I'm nearly at the end of cleaning out the house and getting it up for sale now. I had the last of the dumpsters come. I found a recipe box that looked like it was filled with just old newspaper clippings that Mom had kept. I went through it and hit a GOLD MINE!! I found a few recipes that are absolute classics, and some in my dad's handwriting. Such a lovely ending to a really rough time. I didn't find ALL the recipes, but finding any of them was a joy.

Thanks to you all for letting me share all of this with you, its really helped me.

That's why we are here Alix. I know ALS and it breaks my heart. I'm so glad you found those recipes, I know what they mean I was lucky mom's were here when we moved her and my dad here with us. I'm so glad we did. Just keep loving your mom and I truly believe all good will return to you.
hugs,
cj

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom