Lost and Found

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
Can I make a thread for us slackers who are just too darn busy to say Hi but every 3-4 months?!?!?! I have been so busy! Lots of life changes, good and bad. And I miss my Discuss Cooking buddies! And all the new ones, WOW, there are ssssssssoooooo many new members, AWESOME! Well, I was just checking in! Finally settled on the house I want to buy, and close on the 20th!!! yipppeee! Very happy, but SCARED TO DEATH! :ohmy: Taking care of a whole house all by myself!! ACK! Well, I thought I would say hidey-ho- been watching Tim the tool man too much I think, hahahahaha! Miss you all! I am going to make myself sit down and log in at least once a weak, Discuss Cooking Pledge!

Glad you stopped by Shannon! It sounds like your life is making an exciting turn! Best of luck to you and soon you will be settling into a wonderful routine that will hopefully include DC! :cool:

Thanks for checking in, Shannon--it's always good to see you at DC! I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. best of luck with the house!

Hi, I Hope your new house has a nice BIG kitchen :) when is the house warming ;)

I was just thinking about you the other day Shannon. I'm glad you popped in to say hi. I'm glad things are going well for you. I hope we will see pictures of your new home!

:) Barbara

:) Glad you are back Shannon I also was wondering where you were, how nice to be able to buy a house so much better than paying rent.Try to stay tuned in here.JP

awww thanks for all the wishes! That's why I love y'all! Always make everyone feel so welcome, anytime! I was wondering if I needed to put this post in the introductions! SSSSSSSSOOOOO many new members, it's awesome!!!! Well, I am off to Home Depot to buy paint.... 6 more days!!! :wacko: :ohmy: :( :LOL: :cool: :angel:

I wish I could remember which author of which self-help book came up with it, but she listed all the most stressful things in life. People don't understand sometimes that the happiest occaisions are also stressful. I've owned three houses (one, I married my husband and his tax man told him he had to buy some property, so it came with the marriage. Two, we built a new home when he retired from the Army. Three, we bought the 150+ year old house we now live in). Each even was so nerve wracking that I thought I would go crazy. Happy events, but still it is a huge investment. I'd have to constantly tell myself to just think of what I'd be paying in rent, money you never see again. And for me it is never is isolation. I was getting married the first time, and the last two times my mother was very, very sick. The middle time my sister and my best friend got married that year (No, not to each other! to men!) and I was an attendant at both weddings, my grandmother and my mother-in-law died, my father-in-law was diagnosed with alzeimers.

So give yourself a break. Fill that new kitchen with your favorite goodies and pamper yourself.

If I had one bit of advice to a new, first-time homeowner is don't let the clutter take over your life. If you haven't used it or worn it in a year, visit Goodwill (or some place similar). Obviously this doesn't include seasonal stuff for holidays. Clutter just makes it harder to keep a house up. I'm trying to figure out when you started this thread, but when you move from your rental to your house, get rid of as much as you can possibley bear to part with. I've moved an average of every 3 years of my life, and I hate opening a box in my "new home" (be it owned, rented, or military housing) and finding a box of stuff that makes me think, "I must be out of my mind, why did I keep this c**p?" Stuff gets out of hand very easily, and can turn your new home into one big guilt trip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom