Lost Manatee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sugarbrown

Assistant Cook
For those of you who follow animal rescues, etc. here is a link http://wmctv.com/ to watch a live coverage of a Manatee rescue in TN.

He swam up the MS River accidentally, and it's too cold for him...He should be in Florida...

They can't find him right now, but it's quite interesting watching the live video...well, now it's kind of boring, but it may get better when they find him!

I sure hope the best for the poor guy!

Last edited:
phinz said:
They saw one in the Hudson River not too long ago too, fwiw.
Were they able to save him, or was he ok? :huh:

skilletlicker said:
...and I thought I was a minority in Memphis.
..geez, I'm not sure if that's funny or not! :)

Last edited:
I'm in memphis, they took him out of the water this morning and are taking him to Fla. in a truck. We call him Hugh manatee......at least some people

Chef_Jimmy said:
I'm in memphis, they took him out of the water this morning and are taking him to Fla. in a truck. We call him Hugh manatee......at least some people
They did?? I thought he was still in the water somewhere, either hiding or hanging out somewhere else...
I read they're going to continue looking for him tomorrow, and aren't too worried about the water temperature yet...

This is all on the wmctv website....Am I out to lunch? Hugh Manatee is cute. I had also heard 'Manny' which isn't nearly as clever! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom