Lost to Katrina Recipes-Please Submit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akcyrex

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I am working on a potential fundraising project for Katrina victims. After losing so much to the storm, I realized the things of most value to me were all the handwritten recipes handed down for generations in the family. Luckily a few were dried in the sun and some had been committed to memory.

I am seeking recipes from fellow Katrina victims, volunteers and those that housed or helped after the storm. I would also like any stories of inspiration or happiness that are associated with the recipes.

Feel free to email me or respond to this post.

Thank you.
Amy

amy, I don't fit your guidelines to submit a recipes, but if you are going to self=publish a cookbook as a fundraising project, I would be willing to submit a few regional recipes. Just PM me.

Same here, I have many of my Grandmothers recipes (in her handwriting) that I would be glad to submit to a fundraiser project too. Most of them are canning recipes (pickles and such) that I have modernized (using information from the Extension Office).

~ Raven ~

Recipes- Katrina

Hi Yall,

Thanks so much for your interest. I am thinking about having a section called "National Gumbo" That will feature a mix of recipes from people that just want to support the people of New Orleans and the surrounding areas. Anything you want to submit, feel free to email me at akcyrex@yahoo.com.

If it is your mother's, grandmothers etc...let me know if there is an occasion you cook it, or if it has any significant family historical value.

Also, if it is a regional/local specialty from your area, I'd like to know that too.

Thanks for your support, this project is growing larger everyday!

Amy:chef:

Back
Top Bottom