"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 01-03-2006, 12:32 AM   #1
Assistant Cook
Lost to Katrina Recipes-Please Submit

I am working on a potential fundraising project for Katrina victims. After losing so much to the storm, I realized the things of most value to me were all the handwritten recipes handed down for generations in the family. Luckily a few were dried in the sun and some had been committed to memory.

I am seeking recipes from fellow Katrina victims, volunteers and those that housed or helped after the storm. I would also like any stories of inspiration or happiness that are associated with the recipes.

Feel free to email me or respond to this post.

Thank you.

akcyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:48 AM   #2
Sous Chef
amy, I don't fit your guidelines to submit a recipes, but if you are going to self=publish a cookbook as a fundraising project, I would be willing to submit a few regional recipes. Just PM me.

Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back.--unknown, at least to me
purrfectlydevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
Sous Chef
Same here, I have many of my Grandmothers recipes (in her handwriting) that I would be glad to submit to a fundraiser project too. Most of them are canning recipes (pickles and such) that I have modernized (using information from the Extension Office).

~ Raven ~
Mike's Vet and Taxidermy - Either way you get your dog back.

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
Chief Eating Officer
I don't fit your criteria either, but I do wish you the best of luck!
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:15 PM   #5
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
Me either, but I'd gladly add a recipe or two for the cause like the others have said!
Integrity & Honesty
have been sacrificed on the combined altars of Control, Political Correctness, and Convenience
BigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
Assistant Cook
Recipes- Katrina

Hi Yall,

Thanks so much for your interest. I am thinking about having a section called "National Gumbo" That will feature a mix of recipes from people that just want to support the people of New Orleans and the surrounding areas. Anything you want to submit, feel free to email me at akcyrex@yahoo.com.

If it is your mother's, grandmothers etc...let me know if there is an occasion you cook it, or if it has any significant family historical value.

Also, if it is a regional/local specialty from your area, I'd like to know that too.

Thanks for your support, this project is growing larger everyday!

akcyrex is offline   Reply With Quote