Lots of Pumpkin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I am going to be busy this week. Food Lion had big pumpkins (the ones that were $5 each before Halloween) for 99 cents each. I still have my $5 one, and I bought 7 of the 99 cent ones tonight. LOL You can't pass up 99 cent pumpkins!

I will cook them and freeze it. In addition to pies and desserts, I like to eat pumpkin the way I eat banana squash, mashed or chunked with butter on it.

:)Barbara

I love pumpkin, so the work will be worth it. I also love roasted pumpkin seeds.

Not long ago I read that pumpkin (eaten as a vegetable, not as a pie!) is good for getting rid of belly fat. Since I can't get banana squash around here, and they no longer sell it frozen, this will be a great substitute.

I love pumpkin, so the work will be worth it. I also love roasted pumpkin seeds.

Not long ago I read that pumpkin (eaten as a vegetable, not as a pie!) is good for getting rid of belly fat. Since I can't get banana squash around here, and they no longer sell it frozen, this will be a great substitute.

I should be eating more pumpkin...:pig:

Barbara,
I've never cooked a pumpkin what kind did you buy? and How do you cook it?
kades

Barbara,
I've never cooked a pumpkin what kind did you buy? and How do you cook it?
kades
I will most likely cut them in half and bake them. I will check to see if doing them on top of the stove would be better. I have a large stockpot. These are the big pumpkins they sell for jack-o-lanterns. I would say that these are medium-large. I haven't cooked a pumpkin in years.

Sounds interesting--I might have to try that! I've actually never had risotto.

Barb you should try they are not difficult, my tip if you are not a vegetarian is to use chicken stock in any vegetable risotto, for pumpkin make the risotto to the 15 min stage the add roast pumpkin that has been chopped fine and stir in.

Barb you should try they are not difficult, my tip if you are not a vegetarian is to use chicken stock in any vegetable risotto, for pumpkin make the risotto to the 15 min stage the add roast pumpkin that has been chopped fine and stir in.
Thanks! I will definitely have to try that.

Last year my roommate came home with a couple of little pumpkins for decorations. I immediately commandeered one and roast it. Pumpkins are delicious squash!

I got started late today, so I only did 2 of the pumpkins so far. So easy--no sense buying canned pumpkin! From the 2 pumpkins I got 20 1/2 cups. I froze it in five 1-quart freezer bags. I ate the extra half cup with a little butter. Yum!

Back
Top Bottom