Love my Beagle!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a great story! A few people in a diabetes group I belong to said that their dogs (and I think some of their cats too) act differently when their glucose levels go out of whack.

I have also seen news stories about a dog that predicted heart attacks (1st his owner, and then others), and there was a great story in Guideposts magazine about a woman who didn't know that she stopped breathing many times each night, and her dog woke her up each time. She thought the dog was just being a nuisance until she found out the truth in a sleep study.

It is amazing how in tune to us animals can be.

I almost forgot, I saw a news story a week or so about a cat at a nursing home. This cat doesn't have anything to do with anyone--until they are within hours of dying. Then he cuddles with the person. They said he is just about always right (something like 25+ times now), so when they see him go to a patient, they call the family in. I figured that if it was on the TV news, it might have also been in the paper, so I just did a search. Here is an article about that cat. His name is Oscar: FOXNews.com - Oscar the Cat Predicts Nursing Home Deaths - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

:)Barbara

Cute Video!!

Mr Ding Dong ate my checkbook last night. I am fairly certain he would chew up my phone rather than dial 9.

sf7x1z.jpg

OMG I was hoping no one can see that!! Although once I realized what I did I was laughing pretty good as well :)

Cute Video!!

Mr Ding Dong ate my checkbook last night. I am fairly certain he would chew up my phone rather than dial 9.

sf7x1z.jpg

Oh, jenny!!! I looooooooove you doggie. He looks like our late little girl, Minnie the Poocher. Minnie was the sweetest little girl. Her name was derived from the Cab Calloway song Minnie the Moocher. We got her from the shelter and she was awesome.

Katie:

Thanks, he's a sweetie. He's right here next to me in his resplendant blue dog coat!

He is also a rescue -- lived on the streets for quite a while, in fact. Now he's such a mama's boy. He's 14. The wiener dog is 17.

I assume Minnie was also a Beagle girl? They are such cute dogs.:)

I used to have 2 beagles, one would jump out of our 2nd story window, the asians that used to lived next to us called him the "frying dawg." I think he thought he was a cat

Last edited:
Katie:

Thanks, he's a sweetie. He's right here next to me in his resplendant blue dog coat!

He is also a rescue -- lived on the streets for quite a while, in fact. Now he's such a mama's boy. He's 14. The wiener dog is 17.

I assume Minnie was also a Beagle girl? They are such cute dogs.:)

Yes, Minnie was a darling little beagle girl. We soooo miss her. She was such a jewel.

Back
Top Bottom