Luca?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, yeah, that one. :ermm: I hate auto correct. Yes, but he is fine now. Had bypass surgery, relaxing for now.

Charlie, along with Chinese, English is one of the most difficult languages to learn. I love and really enjoy your malapropisms. I know what you mean though. At least your try. And for that I admire you. My son's in-laws have been here since the late 50's and the mother still can't read or speak English. Her kids translate everything for her. When she goes shopping, if one of her kids are not with her, she shops by the picture on the can.

I had given some thought of correcting you, but I certainly don't want to ever embarrass anyone who doesn't have a complete command of the English language.

Bolas and Harry is another story. Harry needs another surgery on his shoulder and Bollas had a hardtack.

Charlie, I had to laugh. Sorry. Couldn't help it.

Hardtack is a very hard biscuit that they used to serve to sailors. We still have them here in New England. We put them in clam chowder and other seafood soups. :angel:

Charlie, I had to laugh. Sorry. Couldn't help it.

Hardtack is a very hard biscuit that they used to serve to sailors. We still have them here in New England. We put them in clam chowder and other seafood soups. :angel:

I think Charlie's autocorrect on his phone did the translation for him! I try to override mine when possible.

Last edited:
thank you for the update on bolas, charlie. i hope he's doing well, as is harry. i'm going to try to catch them the next time they pop their heads in at 4 or 5am est to get them posting again.

as far as lurkers go, i take it one step further. i lurk upon the lurkers, or do what i call "lurker surfing". when i get bored in the middle of the night and there's no new replies from members to read, or no members are even logged in, i look to see what the lurkers are looking at and check it out. i often get to read threads that i'd missed, or a good recipe, or something really great that someone said, and so on. lurker surfing is fun and informative and can help dredge up good, albeit old threads! :)

getting back to luca: kylie, my sense of humour doesn't always translate from what i see in my brain. i was only joking about luca. italians are known to talk as much with their hands as with their mouths, so their hands would be too busy to type anything. :rolleyes:

luca, come back to us soon! otherwise <<brushing fingertips out from under chin>>, va fa a napoli <<biting knuckle>>.

:cool:

Okay.....I am "outing" myself. I have been known to "lurk on lurkers" too! I just never had a name for it. I love "Lurker Surfing" Lol! BT you are right, it's a great way to find threads you haven't read.

I often wake up in the middle of the night. Esp on nap days if my mid-day siesta runneth too long. It's a quick way to see what's new without signing in and there is not much activity and I can just look at a glance.

At least on DC, they call you Guest as opposed to sticking your head out the door and checking if the neighbors are still up and have their lights on. ( I think those ((other)) people are called -- Nosy Neighbor). My Neighbors on my North came storming out their back door. What IS He doing !?! I could hear them because their back door is right outside my den window. ( Hissing and seething) Why is his Music sooo loud. Another neighbor on the other side of me farther down the block wasn't even having a party, ( I checked, no cars parked on the street) but their stereo was Blasting like a car a block away with 10 speakers reverbing and bulging the back fenders Thud thud thud on main street on Saturday Night. It wasn't even 10 pm. Most of us on our block settle down earlier in the evening. The other couple is a wee bit younger. Life is normal in so many respects. Given, our old houses are without much insulation/ sound protection and are set on lots very close together. I thought old people were supposed to grow more deaf as they aged. Guess not.

So now we can do lurking on lurking. Sweet. Kool.

I'll have to give it a try some night. I can Wave at BT. I find I can not lurk unless I am signed in. Well, I can lurk but not Lurk. The Quick links don't work unless you identify yourself first. This could be more fun than being in a chat room without chatting back.

I hope you who are in touch with Luca and the Brothers will give them each my best wishes. And hurry back.

I also miss Chef Maloney. I may have started out the gate too quick with him, I think I started kidding him from Day1. I hope he never took anything the wrong way. It is so hard to tell because writing is so black and white and is without inflection and does not show the subjective.

I also have not seen Greg Cooks lately. I hope he is just busy and I may not read all the threads.

Last edited:
Okay.....I am "outing" myself. I have been known to "lurk on lurkers" too! I just never had a name for it. I love "Lurker Surfing" Lol! BT you are right, it's a great way to find threads you haven't read.

ok, everyone point at bunny, shouting, "LURKER! LURKER!"

:mrgreen:

and yeah, hey, where has greg gone off to?

i don't think chef maloney will be back.

ok, everyone point at bunny, shouting, "LURKER! LURKER!"

:mrgreen:

and yeah, hey, where has greg gone off to?

i don't think chef maloney will be back.

LURKER! LURKER!

Why don't you think Chef M won't be back?

Didn't I see a post from Greg a few days back? Can't remember where. Maybe the gun thread. :angel:

(i just finished episode 3, so read this in your best downton abbey english voice)

because his last post was rather confrontational, shall we say?

en espanol: porque entonces se enojo y ataco un administrador.

i don't know the details, of course, so i couldn't really comment on it. but i saw the post.

Last edited:
I often wake up in the middle of the night. Esp on nap days if my mid-day siesta runneth too long. It's a quick way to see what's new without signing in and there is not much activity and I can just look at a glance.

At least on DC, they call you Guest as opposed to sticking your head out the door and checking if the neighbors are still up and have their lights on. ( I think those ((other)) people are called -- Nosy Neighbor). My Neighbors on my North came storming out their back door. What IS He doing !?! I could hear them because their back door is right outside my den window. ( Hissing and seething) Why is his Music sooo loud. Another neighbor on the other side of me farther down the block wasn't even having a party, ( I checked, no cars parked on the street) but their stereo was Blasting like a car a block away with 10 speakers reverbing and bulging the back fenders Thud thud thud on main street on Saturday Night. It wasn't even 10 pm. Most of us on our block settle down earlier in the evening. The other couple is a wee bit younger. Life is normal in so many respects. Given, our old houses are without much insulation/ sound protection and are set on lots very close together. I thought old people were supposed to grow more deaf as they aged. Guess not.

So now we can do lurking on lurking. Sweet. Kool.

I'll have to give it a try some night. I can Wave at BT. I find I can not lurk unless I am signed in. Well, I can lurk but not Lurk. The Quick links don't work unless you identify yourself first. This could be more fun than being in a chat room without chatting back.

I hope you who are in touch with Luca and the Brothers will give them each my best wishes. And hurry back.

I also miss Chef Maloney. I may have started out the gate too quick with him, I think I started kidding him from Day1. I hope he never took anything the wrong way. It is so hard to tell because writing is so black and white and is without inflection and does not show the subjective.

I also have not seen Greg Cooks lately. I hope he is just busy and I may not read all the threads.

whisky, i too thought i had fallen to joking with chef m. too quickly and in too familiar a way. at first, i was confusing him with chef munky, and once i stopped doing that, i continued to think he was a female for some time. lord only knows what inappropriate remarks i made to chef m. before he finally made some male-flavored comment about nancy sinatra's
"boots", sending me straight to his profile page where i confirmed the mistake i had made regarding his gender. he was so easy, maybe too easy, to talk 'stuff' to. what a sense of humor she/he had....:)

in the brief two months he was at dc, chef m. initiated 56 threads at the site!! he left us a wealth of old family recipes, a few of which i made myself with great results.

i am sorry that chef m. is not returning to dc, if that is indeed the case. i did not see anything of a serious nature in his posts to foreshadow his leaving. but then, i am known for being particularly dense when it comes to recognizing signs which are obvious to most ordinary people. it is the obvious which manages to elude me every time....:huh:

Last edited:
Lo siento.
(sorry).

Sometimes when we talk silence is better. On the internet this means hit Pause before hitting Enter. I should Learn this. Is there a Pause button.

i don't know if chef maloney will return or not. like i said, i don't know the details. you should pm an admin if necessary.

A quick check of the Members' List--Chef Maloney hasn't left DC. For whatever reasons is not posting. I too hope that Chef Maloney starts sharing recipes, etc., again.
I believe Whiskadoodle is correct that Chef Maloney won't be back - at least based on the last post that I saw from him, which had a decidedly negative tone (as BT mentioned). Suffice it to say I won't go into further details.

Last edited:
Hey, everyone, this thread is supposed to be about Luca. There is an MIA thread where we can ask about people, state that we will be gone for awhile, etc.

I am just thinking that if Luca is lurking (I do it too here and other places if I am not up to posting and want to know how things are going with others) and sees that his thread is hijacked, he may not want to post. But that's just MHO. :angel:

Hey, everyone, this thread is supposed to be about Luca. There is an MIA thread where we can ask about people, state that we will be gone for awhile, etc.

I am just thinking that if Luca is lurking (I do it too here and other places if I am not up to posting and want to know how things are going with others) and sees that his thread is hijacked, he may not want to post. But that's just MHO. :angel:

I agree. If you are missing a member, send them a PM, exchange email addresses, or check the MIA thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom