Lunar eclipse anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
Anyone in the western US catch the lunar eclipse early this morning? I got up at 5am and took in the views til full eclipse with my binoculars. It was quite a sight. I've seen about half a dozen of these over the years and you just never tire of them. My wife called me a geek.

My invite to your rooftop planetarium must have gotten lost in my email ;)

Are you going to be taking pictures through your telescope when you get everything set up?

Anyone in the western US catch the lunar eclipse early this morning? I got up at 5am and took in the views til full eclipse with my binoculars. It was quite a sight. I've seen about half a dozen of these over the years and you just never tire of them. My wife called me a geek.

I'm on the right hand side of the continent, so we didn't get. You are a geek. So am I. I love watching those too.

Geek, here is was fantastic. Love eclipses. I live in a section of town with no street lights, so I just have to wander outside to enjoy the view.

Are you going to be taking pictures through your telescope when you get everything set up?
No, I'll be observing only from our light polluted skies. No more astro-photography....I did that for a while a few years back, driving a couple of hours getting to a cold, dark site and spending the entire evening there. I don't have the time and equipment to do that any more....besides, I don't miss it at all.
Now with the grand kids and all, I'd like a permanent setup in my back yard so I can show them the skies any time.

A couple of pics from today's eclipse. We had a great view as we drove to the beach to watch the eclipse.

34427-albums827-picture4342.jpg

34427-albums827-picture4341.jpg

Thanks guys. We were really lucky with clear weather. It was darn cold though. Right around freezing at the beach. Brrr.

Neat pics! I lived in Hawaii when there was a solar eclipse, and I worked at the Bishop Museum. I was able to buy viewing glasses so we could watch it at an employee discount. It was so neat! What hubby, doggie and I really enjoyed was nature's reaction. The birds went to sleep for the time it darkened. Doggie was confused. Hubby and I were fascinated. Nature can trump anything.

i didn't watch. however my son and his family traveled to the local mountains. they got up early, were staying in a cabin. they all watched and said it was awe inspiring. one the five year old figured out the binoculars she was thrilled.

Back
Top Bottom