"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-06-2008, 10:49 PM   #11
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I have really enjoyed sharing the stories and pictures of our visits with all of you. I started to worry that some might think I was hogging the forum, but I have actually gotten several PMs (which I appreciated very much) from people thanking me for sharing about our vacation. I think of you all as my family, and if you are my family, you're going to have to "suffer" through our vacation photos! LOL J/K!

Barbara

Old 09-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Gb too ?????? I KNEW I should have stowed away somewhere in the car !!!
Barbara you're not hogging the forum. I think it's great to be able to share your vacation !!

Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #13
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thanks middie! I know that not everyone is able to meet other DC members, and it is my hope that you all will get to know just a little more about at least a few of them through our meetings with them. Meeting you and the other members made you so much more "real" to us, and I think that sharing about our meetings helps others see that too.

Barbara
Old 09-07-2008, 12:49 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Thanks middie! I know that not everyone is able to meet other DC members, and it is my hope that you all will get to know just a little more about at least a few of them through our meetings with them. Meeting you and the other members made you so much more "real" to us, and I think that sharing about our meetings helps others see that too.

Barbara
It sure does Barb...I've been here for some time and you become so fond of your fellow members..They become family in a way, o when one of us gets to meet some of them it's so natural to love looking at the pictures and hearing what you ate and what you did..Your vacation has been one for me as well..Thanks James and Barb fo bringing some of our family closer.
kades
Old 09-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #15
Chief Eating Officer

We had an amazing time with Barbara and James. They were just like you would expect, but even better. Barbara is beautiful both inside and out. James is the big teddy bear that you all know him to be. They were so kind and considerate of my kids too. Rachel kept interrupting (something we have been working on) and both Barbara and James were so considerate of her feelings and including her in the conversation. Osher was crying and yelling and throwing things and being a mini terror and it did not seem to phase them one bit.

The conversation flowed like good wine should. Barbara and James are so easy to talk to and so such wonderful people. We are honored we got to meet them. I fully expect that this was just the first time of many that we will see them.

Standing in the parking lot saying goodbye was the hardest part. I just didn't want it to be over. We discussed getting together for Thanksgiving some day though so we will put that on the drawing board and it will give us something to look forward to.

Thank you Barbara and James for a lovely and memorable day!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Gb you couldn't have described them any better. And saying bye was the hardest part indeed.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #17
Traveling Welcome Wagon

GB, you were both so easy to talk to as well, and fun too! As far as the kids, they were just normal active kids. If they had been running all over the restaurant bothering other people, that would have been different, but I don't think anyone else even realized they were there (except when Mommy got more that 2 feet from Osh, and he definitely let them know then!). The kids were delightful, and Rachel added to the conversation (she's such a smartie!). We just fell in love with all of you, and as I said, we look forward to seeing you THIS Thanksgiving! It will work!

Saying goodbye is always the hardest part! Tired kids helped! Been there-done that! Rachel and Osher are perfectly normal, and super wonderful kids! You can both be proud of the good job you are doing as parents.

Barbara
Old 09-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I am so happy that you guys finally got to meet and had such a grand time together...makes me wish I were there, too. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics, and if you and James, or GB, you and your lovely family too, ever make it to Rome, let us know... our huge welcome sign will always be up for you guys..
Old 09-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
I'm reading between the lines and I'm

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
I'm reading between the lines and I'm
I must say your "reading skill" is perfect Elf!!