Lunch with GB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
James and I got to meet GB and his wonderful (and gorgeous!) wife and kids today! They were so nice, and so fun to talk with. Osher was a cutie and obviously smart, as he spent much of his time devouring a good book (ok, it was a little phone book, and he was eating it, lol). Rachel was a little shy to start but she was soon chatting away with us. They were both so sweet! I asked Rachel if she wanted to come with us, and she said, "Yes, if Mommy can come." :mrgreen: They treated us to a great lunch at a nice Brailian restaurant. The food was good, and Rachel was nice enough to show me where the passion fruit dessert was. :cool: She loved James playing his little train game with her, and she sang a lovely (but verrrry soft) version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" for us. GB taught me a cute trick that I can pull on friends (so watch out!). The conversation was great and we had such a good time. Even Rachel amazed me with how articulate she is. She is a very bright and bubbly little sweetie! We are so glad we got to meet this wonderful family!

In order, the pictures are:
Osher, GB and Osher, GB's DW and Rachel, Rachel, Osher with his phone book, Rachel and James, two of all of us, James and GB, GB and Osher, two of Rachel and James, GB's DW and Rachel, and finally Rachel and me.

:)Barbara

Attachments

• GB 1.jpg
    GB 1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 197
  • GB 2.jpg
    GB 2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 162
  • GB 3.jpg
    GB 3.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 166
  • GB 4.jpg
    GB 4.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 166
  • GB 5.jpg
    GB 5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 185
  • GB 6.jpg
    GB 6.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 168
  • GB 7.jpg
    GB 7.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 202
  • GB 8.jpg
    GB 8.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 184
  • GB 9.jpg
    GB 9.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 174
  • GB 10.jpg
    GB 10.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 169
  • GB 11.jpg
    GB 11.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 161
  • GB 12.jpg
    GB 12.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 171
  • GB 13.jpg
    GB 13.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 163
  • GB 14.jpg
    GB 14.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 178
Looks like you're all having a great time, lots of smiles..... :)
It looks like James is telling GB one of his stories in the one pic :cool:

Ah Barb, you must have had so much fun..I knew Rachel and her mommy were both beautiful and now I see GB and his little Osher are both very handsome...How wonderful for all of you..Good friends, good food,and beautiful children that's what life is about...
Tell James if you ever makes it here, he will have four little ones crawling all over him.
kades

Last edited:
Looks like you're all having a great time, lots of smiles..... :)
It looks like James is telling GB one of his stories in the one pic :cool:
He probably was, but GB didn't let James have all the talking time! LOL We all talked a lot!

Ah Barb, you must have had so much fun..I knew Rachel and her mommy were both beautiful and now I see GB and his little Osher are both very handsome...How wonderful for all of you..Good friends, good food,and beautiful children that's what life is about...
Tell James if you ever makes it here, he will have four little ones crawling all over him.
kades
Believe me, he will LOVE it!!!

Gee Barbara so close and yet so far. I am in MA too and wish I could have met you guys! Hope you are enjoying your very wet time here.

Great to hear Barb. The pictures are wonderful and those babies are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

I have really enjoyed sharing the stories and pictures of our visits with all of you. I started to worry that some might think I was hogging the forum, but I have actually gotten several PMs (which I appreciated very much) from people thanking me for sharing about our vacation. I think of you all as my family, and if you are my family, you're going to have to "suffer" through our vacation photos! LOL J/K!

Gb too ?????? I KNEW I should have stowed away somewhere in the car !!!
Barbara you're not hogging the forum. I think it's great to be able to share your vacation !!

Thanks middie! I know that not everyone is able to meet other DC members, and it is my hope that you all will get to know just a little more about at least a few of them through our meetings with them. Meeting you and the other members made you so much more "real" to us, and I think that sharing about our meetings helps others see that too.

Thanks middie! I know that not everyone is able to meet other DC members, and it is my hope that you all will get to know just a little more about at least a few of them through our meetings with them. Meeting you and the other members made you so much more "real" to us, and I think that sharing about our meetings helps others see that too.

It sure does Barb...I've been here for some time and you become so fond of your fellow members..They become family in a way, o when one of us gets to meet some of them it's so natural to love looking at the pictures and hearing what you ate and what you did..Your vacation has been one for me as well..Thanks James and Barb fo bringing some of our family closer.
kades

We had an amazing time with Barbara and James. They were just like you would expect, but even better. Barbara is beautiful both inside and out. James is the big teddy bear that you all know him to be. They were so kind and considerate of my kids too. Rachel kept interrupting (something we have been working on) and both Barbara and James were so considerate of her feelings and including her in the conversation. Osher was crying and yelling and throwing things and being a mini terror and it did not seem to phase them one bit.

The conversation flowed like good wine should. Barbara and James are so easy to talk to and so such wonderful people. We are honored we got to meet them. I fully expect that this was just the first time of many that we will see them.

Standing in the parking lot saying goodbye was the hardest part. I just didn't want it to be over. We discussed getting together for Thanksgiving some day though so we will put that on the drawing board and it will give us something to look forward to.

Thank you Barbara and James for a lovely and memorable day!

GB, you were both so easy to talk to as well, and fun too! As far as the kids, they were just normal active kids. If they had been running all over the restaurant bothering other people, that would have been different, but I don't think anyone else even realized they were there (except when Mommy got more that 2 feet from Osh, and he definitely let them know then!). The kids were delightful, and Rachel added to the conversation (she's such a smartie!). We just fell in love with all of you, and as I said, we look forward to seeing you THIS Thanksgiving! It will work! :cool:

Saying goodbye is always the hardest part! Tired kids helped! Been there-done that! Rachel and Osher are perfectly normal, and super wonderful kids! You can both be proud of the good job you are doing as parents.

I am so happy that you guys finally got to meet and had such a grand time together...makes me wish I were there, too. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics, and if you and James, or GB, you and your lovely family too, ever make it to Rome, let us know... our huge welcome sign will always be up for you guys..:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom