Lunch with Pacanis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Yep, we got to meet another great DC member today! We met pacanis for lunch at a nice little place just a hop, skip, and a jump from Lake Erie. We didn't talk much about food or even DC, but we talked a lot about cars and dogs. He has always been my "go to guy" when it comes to dogs! He was definitely a nice guy, as I knew he would be. We passed JoeV's NYT raisin bread on to him. :cool:

In the pictures, pacanis is the thin one, James and I are the others. :rolleyes:

:)Barbara

Attachments

• pacanis, Barbara, and Maidrite 1.jpg
    pacanis, Barbara, and Maidrite 1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 188
  • pacanis 2.jpg
    pacanis 2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 171
  • pacanis 3.jpg
    pacanis 3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 179
aww....
Have you turned JoeV's wonderful bread into the proverbial passed along fruitcake???
just kiddin.
Sounds like more fun!

Wow.... I look like I was riding my bike all day.
Behind a semi. :LOL:

Yeah, lottso fun. You folks are pretty easy to get along with. The food AND company were good. And the lunch plus a "taste" of Joe V's bread still has me wonderin' if I'm going to eat any dinner tonight.
I would love to be able to do what you guys are doing. What an adventure travelling around and meeting people you have only read their words. Very fortunate for those of us along your way :)

LOL We ate our share first!

It was definitely fun, and the food was great! Their breaded, fried mushrooms were huge!

Wow.... I look like I was riding my bike all day.
Behind a semi. :LOL:

Yeah, lottso fun. You folks are pretty easy to get along with. The food AND company were good. And the lunch plus a "taste" of Joe V's bread still has me wonderin' if I'm going to eat any dinner tonight.
I would love to be able to do what you guys are doing. What an adventure travelling around and meeting people you have only read their words. Very fortunate for those of us along your way :)
The pictures didn't do you justice!

We feel like the fortunate ones to have met so many great people. Not a dud in the bunch! LOL

What GREAT fun!!!!
It really was fun! It is amazing how quickly we have been able to feel so at ease with everyone we have met. It's not just because of DC because we never use that as a springboard for our conversations. The people we have met have just been very nice, special people, who are easy to talk to.

:cool:Barbara

pacanis! Nice to finally meet you!

Barb and James, you guys are killing me....I'm so green!!
I think that's the guacamole!

Hey Tatt, speaking of "DC" we will be going through the D.C. area as well. Just not sure when yet. Do we have to wear eggs too? LOL

Last edited:
I think that's the guacamole!

Hey Tatt, speaking of "DC" we will be going through the D.C. area as well. Just not sure when yet.

Well, for a change, I won't be going anywhere! Be sure to keep in touch and PM me with any tentative plans/dates! I can show you what i know of the city, and we can play tourist together!

aww....
Have you turned JoeV's wonderful bread into the proverbial passed along fruitcake???
just kiddin.
Sounds like more fun!

I never thought of it that way when I said to share it along the way. Of course, homemade bread usually doesn't usually sit long enough to go bad. Hope all enjoyed it. Maybe next time I'll soak it in some sort of preservation elixir so it could travel from coast to coast. LOL

I never thought of it that way when I said to share it along the way. Of course, homemade bread usually doesn't usually sit long enough to go bad. Hope all enjoyed it. Maybe next time I'll soak it in some sort of preservation elixir so it could travel from coast to coast. LOL
Believe me, this hardly made it to pacanis! I don't think it would make it coast to coast! It was good!

Back
Top Bottom