"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-20-2007, 12:02 AM   #11
Master Chef
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
Oh, Constance.........I'm so sorry, the decision to beat it off the phone must be a hard pill to swallow every day. It's nice to see that you can tell about her 'chatty' qualities with a smile. I think the dead like to spoken well of....just look at all the pretty flowers that are around...They pass by, just when you are speaking well of them, and then sure as rain in spring, you have one of the lovliest gardens in town.
My mother used to pass the phone to us (kids) when her mother called, too! Strangely, when my kids were smaller, they always ran to the top floors when Grandma called!

Thanks for bring a smile to my face as you reminded me of a memory of my father....I have so many but certain things refresh old ones forgotten.

I remember not long before he passed his oldest sister called........oh she could ramble on and on and complain about 10 people in a split second it seemed. Well she called and I was the one to answer the phone .... I eagerly passed it off to my dad who took it out into his garage.....before I knew it he was entering the kitchen to tell me here and hands me the phone....I feebly took it thinking what is he getting me into. When I finally was able to hang up he was just re-entering the kitchen and I said (smiling), "how dare you".....his sheepish reply "What"?.........my response "you did that on purpose because you didn't want to talk to her anymore".......he gave me his sheepish onry grin that always captured my heart........I can still see that look when I close my eyes. Good love him.......I'd take that call a thousand times over if I could still have him here with me.

Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote