Made himself at home, he did...a cat story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so glad you got her to the vet and she got checked out. Now she can settle down and be a proper housecat. Ah!

Maxi is officially a 5 year old girl! The technicians at the vet's office loved her. She cried in the carrier, which in turn made me want to cry. She weighs 9 pounds and was very good natured during the entire exam.

She has pink eye in her left eye, which I suspected. I have drops for that; and it should clear up in 3 days or so.
She tested negative for feline HIV and leukemia, which is a great relief. She got a rabies shot, and a distemper shot. She's got a bit of dander that I got a special comb for and some kind of drops (fatty acid ) to add to her food which will clear up the dander problem and give her a shinier coat.

Everyone there suspects what Lou and I suspect...that she belonged to someone at one time and was released for some reason. The doctor also suspects shes may have been spayed, explaining why she never got pregnant during the 9 months she was hanging out in my yard with facciabrute. And no, PieSusan, I'm not ready to take in another one just yet!;)

So, that's it. I'm the proud staff member of a very affectionate 5 year old dolly named Max-i. And she didn't even go run to hide when we got home. She's hanging out in the kitchen hoping for some chicken.

xoxoxoxo to all of you for walking me through this!

You're lucky on many fronts. My Julia was a tiny girl, who at her "fattest" weighed less than 10 pounds. I really loved her "petiteness."

Congratulations on being the "staff" of such an adorable kitty. L'Chaim to many years of fun with her.

VB I'm glad to hear it's just minor things that can be fixed with meds. I'm going to call this week ang get gracie-kitty in hope her appointment goes as well as maxis

Great news! Adopted strays make they best pets, next to shelter animals.

You are so right, Dave. Most of our pets have been strays, except the ones we went and adopted from the shelter.

As a matter of fact, we had a delightful black and white terrier named Montgomery. He came from the Montgomery County (Maryland) Animal Shelter.

Back
Top Bottom