Made himself at home, he did...a cat story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, when I was posting earliler this morning I was sporting the mother of all headaches brought on by Lou and I consuming overmuch quantities of really great rum the night before. I'd made up my mind to go the shelter but adoptions didn't begin till 1pm. Horrid as I felt, I had to get to the market first...so I went out to start the car.
When I came back in to take a quick inventory I glanced in the yard, as I always do. There was Maxi (I'm pretty sure it's a girl) sunning herself on the potters bench as she always does. I ran down to the basement and opened the back door, calling for her. She came running across the snowy icy lawn, almost slipping on it, stopping right in the open doorway. I was so happy to see her that all thoughts of catnapping went right out my head:angel: as I scooped her up. I put her down on the floor and she immediately went to where I'd had her dishes. Only the water dish was there, however. While I may be a poor housekeeper, even I won't leave a crusty cat food dish lying about. I took the dish stand upstairs and she made it up the stairs faster than I did. I opened a 6oz can of food for her. She proceeded to wolf it down in less than 5 minutes. I'm convinced no one is feeding her or the others, for that matter. If that was the case, no way she would have eaten all that food. She even drank half the bowl of water.

I had to leave for the market, and continued to shop with a mixture of happiness for the return and misery for the ice pick that was still imbedded in my left eye.

I bought a cat carrier while I was out. I'm going to take her to a vet tomorrow. They are open on Sundays, yes?

I see absolutely no clues beneath her tail. Does that not suggest girl?

I'm so thrilled to read this post! I don't think Julia's vet is open on sundays except for emergencies. (Downtown Veterinary in Jersey City on First Street near Jersey Ave -- great folks!) but they will be there on Monday, even tho it is a holiday.

"I see absolutely no clues beneath her tail. Does that not suggest girl?"

Not necessarily! I grew up on a farm and we had many cats, boys and girls, fixed and not. I thought for sure Smarty was a girl. Took "her" to the vet for the first check up and guess what?? Smarty was a neutered male kitty. Someone must have had him when he was little, maybe even adopted him from a shelter, at our shelter, they have them fixed before you adopt. Imagine going through adoption, and then just letting them go stray? Whoever let him just go would be sorry if they could see him now- he is the best cat.

Cats are just wonderful and give you so much happiness. I will be posting photos of my cat Tarcin, very soon. I love him sooooo much.

I love my cats.......they're still stupid, however................they cry and cry being left outdoors .....you open the back door and let them in........then they immediately run to the front door........of course they expect a different weather pattern.......I open the door and they sniff the cold air and they back up (you'd think that you were in Home Depot) and they have the nerve to look back at you.......so can you please turn the outside thermostat on???? Stupid cats.......:):)

Oh, I feel so much better, Vera. Maxi is safe, sound and warm in the comfort of your home. I recommend turning this one into a house cat. Then, you won't have to worry anymore. Patches tried hard to be adopted and she was thrilled to become a housecat and not have to forage and depend upon the kindness of strangers. In fact, she took to the role of pampered princess as if she were born to it.

Yippee!!! Glad to hear Maxi has returned! She's lucky to have found such a great mom!!

img_775780_0_e272fc5bd91d82b1504ddb91d966d39b.jpg

img_775780_1_53759adb443a4fd8c7bac7d6865a3b7e.

Both Patches and Pippin were black and whites. I love black and white cats!!! However, when it came to being adopted, it was Sadie and Celia who chose me the second time around. lol Maxi is bella.

Back
Top Bottom