Made my life this week worthwhile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
OK, what is that last thing that made your life worthwhile. Not talking huge, and I really am not talking the greatest thing you kid or grandchild did. We all know that already. But what little thing you said or heard that make your day go from "aw-sh*t" to OK, I can live with this, on a bad day.

The first thing said by Shrek when he came out of surgery, "Oh good, you're here...zzzz"

that's a great one; hope you're doing ok. Mine this week is after spending weeks listening to friends' myriad of personal problems, without going into it, It just seems like everyone I know has problems like you would not believe. But then yesterday, one friend told me I gave her the best advice anyone has ever given her on a very tricky subject. Huh? What did I say? "You're a good person, and your friends support you. You're intelligent and a great parent. You're a super person, professionally and personally. Don't let them get you down."

It made me feel good that I made her feel good, and that is what counts.

Going from hearing yesterday morning that my dad has a cancerous mass on his brain to hearing last night that with surgery and treatment there should be a positive outcome.

LOL, Princess, that is priceless. Though I remember Tony saying I did the same thing after my knee surgery.

This thread has come at a very good time because things haven't been going well. But when I saw my two dogs curled up with their "Grandpa" and the content look on my Dad's face, all was right with the world.

Last edited:
We had a surprise party yesterday for my Mom's 80th birthday. It was wonderful, and she did not have a clue until we pulled into my uncle's yard and she saw all the cars. It was one of the best days of my life!!

That's wonderful, Sparrowgrass! I remember when we did the same for my Dad, who is impossible to surprise! It is a great feeling to do something like that for a parent. I am glad you, and she, had a good time.

I walked across the street yesterday to check on my newly widowed neighbor. When she opened the door, she burst into tears and asked "how do you always know when I need you"? To me, there's no greater blessing than being needed.

Back
Top Bottom