"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Thanks everyone sorry I hadn't repiled sooner, it's the weekend, time to make the donuts...
... errrr bagels I mean. Thay both have holes anyway!
Right now he is happily munching on some carrot sticks, and for sure he'll eat dinner... Pizza night!
We generally eat right at 5 or 5:30 every night, My 2 yr old DD will not tolerate it any later. She's louder, she wins. Trouble is I think it's too early for him, we usually have a snack when the 8 yr old gets home from school. I tried letting the little 2 have thier snack before the after school, but that ended up with them getting 2 snacks. So now we wait.
All I can do is try everything I suppose, I know some day he has to grow out of it. Right now he won't even eat his vitamins, he says they are yucky... hmm 2 months ago they are candy. Maybe I'll get him the gummy ones.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:54 PM   #22
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
I had the same problem with snacks when my oldest got home from school and the younger on already had her snack. I usually put the older ons snack on the table before she got home while I got the younger one interested in something the older one would quietly eat her snack.I guess I kind of made it a game for the older one,but it worked and the younger one only got one snack.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:24 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
trouble with that is that the older one doesn't get home til 4, byt then I need to be in the kitchen getting dinner together. I usually get most of my prep done during nap time but have to throw it together then. I'd really love to be occupying the smaller ones then..... it would be much quieter in here if I could! From 3:30 to dinner this place is a zoo!
Old 12-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #24
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
I know how that is,I really don't miss those crazy days (ok maybe a little). My oldest left for college last Aug. so I kind of miss all the crazyness. I'd like to tell you the crazyness will end, but it doesnt. It just changes as they get older. If I think of anything else that might help I'll be sure to post it. Good Luck