Making Supper for Barbara L and James

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How fun!! Wish we can all join you!! Some party that would be huh!? And imagine if we all brought our best dish...wooweee now THAT would be a cook out!:chef::mrgreen:

Well, the joke was on us. We got there, and kitchenelf and her DH were out to dinner!

Just kidding!!!!!! Kitchenelf grilled burgers and veggies (including my mushrooms!), and it was all wonderful! She already listed the menu, so I won't repeat it, but I will say it was great! My camera bag is in the car, so I will have to add pictures tomorrow.

Thanks again KE, it was so good and it was so good getting to talk with you again!

:)Barbara

My finger is fine - thanks for asking - how are your nail...shorter? :LOL:

I didn't post any pictures 'cause you guys always do that. I'll post in your thread. I know you have to be relieved to be home. What an adventure!!! Can't wait until next year's adventure :mrgreen:

It's just a hair shorter! LOL

We still need to unload the car (which is where my camera bag is) but I will post pictures as soon as possible. James's back hurts, so we still need to go pick up the cats, get his medicine, and go to the post office!

I'm lazy and I didn't read the whole thread. With the aforementioned beer-rear chickens and burgers, if you want to do one starch and one veg, I'd opt for some acid to cut through all the richness.

I don't have the book (and thus the recipe) with me, but Patrick O'Connell from The Inn at Little Washington has a fantastic marinated cabbage slaw in his "Refined American Cuisine" book. It's super simple, bright, and utterly delicious with charred, fatty, juicy BBQ fare. Lots of vinegar and celery seed.

We had so much to do today, but I finally got the pictures on here.
1. James and Isabella
2. Kitchenelf with her newly cut finger (ouch!) up in the air
3. Getting the grill ready
4. Grilled veggies (yum!)
5. Kitchenelf at the grill
6. Food!
7. Alix's Apple Crisp
8. Potato salad and cole slaw
9 & 10. Burgers
11.Hard to see, but Isabella is killing her little stuffed hedgehog before eating her dogfood!
12 & 13. Isabella in her bed

Attachments

• kitchenelf 1.jpg
    kitchenelf 1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 152
  • kitchenelf 2.jpg
    kitchenelf 2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 147
  • kitchenelf 3.jpg
    kitchenelf 3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 147
  • kitchenelf 4.jpg
    kitchenelf 4.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 137
  • kitchenelf 6.jpg
    kitchenelf 6.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 141
  • kitchenelf 7.jpg
    kitchenelf 7.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 142
  • kitchenelf 8.jpg
    kitchenelf 8.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 142
  • kitchenelf 9.jpg
    kitchenelf 9.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 130
  • kitchenelf 10.jpg
    kitchenelf 10.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 138
  • kitchenelf 11.jpg
    kitchenelf 11.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 140
  • kitchenelf 12.jpg
    kitchenelf 12.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 139
  • kitchenelf 13.jpg
    kitchenelf 13.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 139
  • kitchenelf 14.jpg
    kitchenelf 14.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 132
Wow... check out that grill... and that smoker.... I'm jealous kitchenelf!
Looks great. Love the pic of the roasted veggies, and the one of the four charcoal starters :ohmy:. And you can see the fingerprint in the burgers so they don't shrink (see, I've been paying attention here :LOL:). And James chillin' with the pooch and the remote ;)
Nice :)

Yeah, thats one nice grill. Bet those burgers were worth the whole journey :mrgreen:

Wow... check out that grill... and that smoker.... I'm jealous kitchenelf!
Looks great. Love the pic of the roasted veggies, and the one of the four charcoal starters :ohmy:. And you can see the fingerprint in the burgers so they don't shrink (see, I've been paying attention here :LOL:). And James chillin' with the pooch and the remote ;)
Nice :)

Yes, FOUR charcoal starters! I don't think my coal grates comes up close enough to the grills and I like a HOT surface!!! It still wasn't hot enough for me but I didn't want to make more then have to remove all the food, etc., etc. to add more coals.

Yes, James came in and stole my dog and the remote! :ROFLMAO:

You have been paying attention! :chef:

I hate a great time with Barb and James - we could have talked waaaay into the night, I'm sure.

Last edited:
...I hate a great time with Barb and James - we could have talked waaaay into the night, I'm sure.
Hmmmmmm! Freudian slip or a mere typo? I hope it is a typo! :LOL:

We had a great time too! We definitely would have stayed and talked all night if we hadn't noticed the subtle hints (KE changing into her robe and fuzzy slippers, taking a sleeping pill, glaring at the clock!). Just kidding, of course! It was so nice to relax and catch up with a good friend. I also learned a few things, like the imprint in the burgers trick. I had never had grilled vegetables (other than corn on the cob), so that was a new taste treat for me. The burgers were wonderful! And the company was even better!

Pre-cooked veggies
Pre-cooked hamburger and ingredients
Infamous thumbprint to prevent shrinking
Barbara - I said SIT, PUT YOUR FEET UP! I LOVE her shoes!!!!
And DEFINITELY pre-cooked apple crisp! :LOL:

img_690509_0_7a61ba55044ba2c0db50165c1e49a79a.jpg

img_690509_1_02c0b8c7e56680b0a6ca16b71be75991.jpg

img_690509_2_3971caca30bb5be71e8fea7ccb94c361.jpg

img_690509_3_a3f027637a89e7daa644c6285805084e.jpg

Hmmmmmm! Freudian slip or a mere typo? I hope it is a typo! :LOL:

We had a great time too! We definitely would have stayed and talked all night if we hadn't noticed the subtle hints (KE changing into her robe and fuzzy slippers, taking a sleeping pill, glaring at the clock!). Just kidding, of course! It was so nice to relax and catch up with a good friend. I also learned a few things, like the imprint in the burgers trick. I had never had grilled vegetables (other than corn on the cob), so that was a new taste treat for me. The burgers were wonderful! And the company was even better!

I'd say it's a cross between had and ate, if you ask me! We had a great time and ate our way through it!!!!!

I LOVE the pictures! Thanks for posting! KE - you are beautiful and food looks fantastic! I'm so glad you had a good time with Barbara and James - they are great people! So glad to see James in his CUBS shirt!

Back
Top Bottom