Mamma Has Allowed One Photo Of Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
This is a photo of an already taken photo of me when I was 19. I haven't changed, unfortunately.

Papa and Mamma think I'm a part of Irish for the green eyes and red hair. This is unusual in Romania.

Mamma is very strict of addresses, phone numbers, and photos, but she has consented of this.

I wanted my friends here to know to put a face to my name.

With love,
~Cat

img_1327006_0_4cae13d2a50e1c3e4b3d930e27796738.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cat, you are as pretty as your attitude! You actually look very much like I pictured you (because I have a mental picture of ALL of you here at DC) except for the reddish hair. And I can see some Irish in that hair. Thanks for sharing.

I'm like Cooking Goddess, in that the photo shows you as pretty as I've been "seeing" you. You are lovely and there's no reason to say that you've "unfortunately" not changed. What I see in the picture doesn't warrant any change. You are lovely.

The Irish lassie shows in your features and your hair. Now, we certainly could be gypsy sisters. My ethnicity is Irish-Austrian-Croation. Let's polish the jingles on our tambourines and do a little dance.

Cat, you are as beautiful outside as you are on your inside. No wonder that boy was angry when you turned him down for a date. The prettiest girl on campus didn't want him.

And you have the typical American pedigree. A little bit of everything. Ask anyone on the street and they will tell you, "Well I am Irish, Scottish, American Native on my fathers side and on my mother's side I am Russian, English, and Australian."

So we know you are Romanian, and from your looks you have some Irish and Scottish in you. Anyone asks, that is what you are. You are now a true American. We have just given you a pedigree. :angel:

...My parents guess this but I didn't come with a pedigree...
Pfft! You don't need a pedigree. You're the perfect you that you're supposed to be.

...And you have the typical American pedigree. A little bit of everything. Ask anyone on the street and they will tell you, "Well I am Irish, Scottish, American Native on my fathers side and on my mother's side I am Russian, English, and Australian."...
Anyone? Guess I'm not American then even though I'm 2nd generation 100% Polish. :(

This is a photo of an already taken photo of me when I was 19. I haven't changed, unfortunately.

Papa and Mamma think I'm a part of Irish for the green eyes and red hair. This is unusual in Romania.

Mamma is very strict of addresses, phone numbers, and photos, but she has consented of this.

I wanted my friends here to know to put a face to my name.

With love,
~Cat

img_1327243_0_4cae13d2a50e1c3e4b3d930e27796738.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Great to be able to put a face to the name.

Hi Cat! Love the photo!

I'm guessing part ogre with the red hair...like me!!

Attachments

• Princess_Fiona.jpg
    Princess_Fiona.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 163
Hi Cat! Love the photo!

I'm guessing part ogre with the red hair...like me!!

Let's call one of those daytime shows where they get into fights on the stage. They do DNA tests free. I like ogres. Perhaps we are related?

Thank you all for your compliments! I wasn't expecting all this. I'm so glad you all think I'm pretty. My family, Carl, and Lakisha tell me I'm pretty too, but I pay them.

:LOL:

In Romania, everyone could tell that I was adopted because I don't look at all like my parents. Mamma has luscious dark brown hair and very dark brown eyes, and when Papa did have hair, his was very dark brown. His brown eyes are lighter than Mamma's. They are also tall. Mamma is 5'9" and Papa is 6'.

We would sometimes receive rude stares, which I didn't understand until I was perhaps 11 or 12, and that was when I heard a nasty comment made to Mamma by a woman.

She asked Mamma how much she had paid for me. Mamma told her off, but I cried. I had never seen Mamma so angry. I felt it was my fault for Mamma being treated badly and I apologized to Mamma. We were in a store, and Mamma left the cart where it was and took me to the car, and held me and explained how these things are.

It was then I realized how much Mamma and Papa really, really do love me.

I thank you all. Yes, I suppose I'm Irish, Scottish, Romanian, dog, cat, American, gypsy and ogress. I love America. Where else can one be so many things?

With love,
~Cat

Cat does recall this correctly but we have always and will always let love rule.

If I were to be very honest, I did feel like punching that woman in the face, especially more so when my daughter cried. I'm unable to tell all of you how very angry I was.

If we didn't have the businesses and other things to tie us to Romania, we would be here in a heartbeat, certainly.

We're hoping the vet can help with recommending someone who is trusted to take care of your cats, Cooking Goddess. Or if there is a good dog kennel where you are, they may be able to assist with recommendations also. Or perhaps call the Humane Society shelters; they may know someone also.

Or also call some pet stores such as PetSmart and other local pet stores. You may find someone there also.

Cat's telling me all this. We hope you find someone who can take care of your cats.

Best of luck to you from Cat and me.

MammaCat

Last edited:
Cat does recall this correctly but we have always and will always let love rule.

If I were to be very honest, I did feel like punching that woman in the face, especially more so when my daughter cried. I'm unable to tell all of you how very angry I was.

If we didn't have the businesses and other things to tie us to Romania, we would be here in a heartbeat, certainly.

We're hoping the vet can help with recommending someone who is trusted to take care of your cats, Cooking Goddess. Or if there is a good dog kennel where you are, they may be able to assist with recommendations also. Or perhaps call the Humane Society shelters; they may know someone also.

Or also call some pet stores such as PetSmart and other local pet stores. You may find someone there also.

Cat's telling me all this. We hope you find someone who can take care of your cats.

MammaCat

Yes, truly! I've heard of people taking their cats on long trips and you either have to give them those calming drugs, or you have to listen to the noise they make when they aren't happy.

I think I need calming drugs when I have to haul Misty and Kali to the vet. They howl and fuss into a storm and they only stop when the vet gives them treats. Then they start again.

I hope you will find a competent person to attend to your cats.

With love,
~Cat

Calming drugs for cats, hmm. I had a snarky cat named Sucha. She had fleas and I had to put special mousse in her fur to try to get rid of fleas and their eggs. She did not like this and fought with me about it. I had to do this every week. The vet gave me a tranquilizer for her. The tranquilizer made her woozy, but not calm. She fought just as good and now she was mad at me for making her woozy and wobbly.

Calming drugs for cats, hmm. I had a snarky cat named Sucha. She had fleas and I had to put special mousse in her fur to try to get rid of fleas and their eggs. She did not like this and fought with me about it. I had to do this every week. The vet gave me a tranquilizer for her. The tranquilizer made her woozy, but not calm. She fought just as good and now she was mad at me for making her woozy and wobbly.

Oh! Cats can certainly do that! The vet did not give you a topical treatment or a pill? Or was she allergic to these? That is a possibility also.

With love,
~Cat

...We're hoping the vet can help with recommending someone who is trusted to take care of your cats, Cooking Goddess. Or if there is a good dog kennel where you are, they may be able to assist with recommendations also. Or perhaps call the Humane Society shelters; they may know someone also.

MammaCat

.....I hope you will find a competent person to attend to your cats.

With love,
~Cat
Thank you MammaCat and Cat (or is that "KittyCat" when your Mom is here too?) for your words of support. I'm checking everywhere I can, but my dear husband Himself has assured me we will celebrate Christmas with our children...even if it isn't until next month. As he said, it's not perfect but at least we'll all be together. God willing, we WILL all be together next year as by then we will have moved back home to OH.

In Romania, everyone could tell that I was adopted because I don't look at all like my parents. Mamma has luscious dark brown hair and very dark brown eyes, and when Papa did have hair, his was very dark brown. His brown eyes are lighter than Mamma's. They are also tall. Mamma is 5'9" and Papa is 6'.

We would sometimes receive rude stares, which I didn't understand until I was perhaps 11 or 12, and that was when I heard a nasty comment made to Mamma by a woman.

She asked Mamma how much she had paid for me. Mamma told her off, but I cried. I had never seen Mamma so angry. I felt it was my fault for Mamma being treated badly and I apologized to Mamma...

Cat, I hope you understand now that you are not responsible for the assumptions and prejudices of other people.

In Romania, people may have *assumed* you were not related because of your looks, but that only shows their ignorance. My brother has blond hair and blue eyes while my parents and sister and I all have dark brown hair. My mom is the only other one with blue eyes. Blond is a recessive gene trait, so odds are my parents would not have a blond child, but they did. It means nothing but a display of genetic chance.

Now that you're a citizen of the United States, where adoption is just another family arrangement, I hope you can leave those bad feelings people created in you behind in Romania.

With love,
GG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom