"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #21
Proud American

Oh! I am looking at this and I am so very grateful of your posts to her! I am happy you all think well of me.

Mamma is a wonderful woman. I do not mean to offend any mothers, but to me she is the greatest mother in the world.

Thank you for to be so nice to her! I am sure soon, as she makes more postings, you all will see she is a great woman.

I miss her very, very much.

Your friend,
~Cat

Old 09-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #22
Head Chef

Welcome MammaCat! You have raised an intelligent, amusing and very sweet daughter and the way you both talk makes me miss my mum very much!

Old 09-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #23
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Hello MammaCat! Welcome to DC. Your Daughter is a delight and I enjoy her company here. Thanks for sharing her with us.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome to DC, MammaCat! It's great to have you here
Old 09-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCat View Post
Hello, Cat! Hello, everyone!

I think using Skype and the Internet at the same time was too much of a load for my laptop!

I am happy to be here! Thank you for having me. I have been ghosting in here and Cat finally talked me into joining. I think this will be fun!

MammaCat
Welcome MammaCat.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCat View Post
Thank you, Aunt Bea. Yes, she is a handful sometimes! But she is young, and most young women like her are mischievous. I was a terror when I was her age!

I'll certainly keep an eye (or both eyes) on her. She hasn't been rude, has she?

MammaCat
She certainly hasn't been rude. She's a joy to have on DC
Old 09-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #27
Head Chef

What an interesting pair you are , and such amazing English mrs Mamma , miraculous .
Old 09-28-2013, 02:14 AM   #28
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
What an interesting pair you are , and such amazing English mrs Mamma , miraculous .
My grandfather, Mamma's father, is American. Mamma was born to them in Bucharest, but she lived for many years in America. She was 18 years old when they returned to Romania. She teaches English and World history now.

DA is my grandfather's oldest sister.

Thank you for all of these kind words!

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 09-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #29
Master Chef

Glad to meet you MammaCat. We've enjoyed learning so much from Cat. She's a real sweetie, too. Both you and her Papa have done a great job raising her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
My grandfather, Mamma's father, is American.............DA is my grandfather's oldest sister.
Your friend,
~Cat
Ah, that explains it for me Cat. I wondered why you would have an Aunt in Asheville but you and your family are from Romania. If you explained your connection before I probably missed it.

By the way, if you ever want to take DA for a nice little drive through the mountains you can turn Joy to the east and drive along U.S. Route 70 towards Black Mountain. It's about 15 or so miles from Asheville and is a very artsy-craftsy town. Lots of interesting sites you could describe to DA and some interesting touchy-feely items the artists would probably be happy to let DA "see" with her fingers. (Kilwins has some mighty tasty ice cream too.)
Old 09-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #30
Senior Cook

Hello again, everyone. I thank you all for your very kind remarks about Cat. From the posts you have made here, I can see she's been on her good behavior. This makes me proud of her.

I see there was some confusion about speaking English. I think Cat explained it well, but there was one thing she left out of it. Cat's Aunt Stela is from my grandfather's first marriage, not the second.

I am sure Cat told you all why I am awake so late. The puppies are doing much better! Parvo is such a nasty disease. My brother Nicu and I have been taking turns caring for them.

Cat has asked me for help with a recipe, so I'll see what I can do.

It is very nice to see you all, and thank you for everything you have said.

MammaCat