"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-28-2014, 12:28 AM   #1
Proud American

Mamma Leaves Tomorrow

She's leaving me, and honestly I hate this. Yes, I know, I have to grow up, I have responsibilities, I can't let emotions get to better me and all that.

I helped her pack up her things. Carl has made arrangements tomorrow to drive us to the airport because I might be too upset. I hate being brave and I told Mamma this. I told her I didn't want her to leave and then I was a stupid baby and cried.

She hugged me, and we sat on the bed and we talked. For the first time, I learned how she had cried for days and days and days after sending me here. She told me Papa had tears at times also.

I never knew this. They were so calm and told me I was to come here to take care of DA and receive my education, and there was no argument, no choice, and that was all. I accepted this but they never showed me any emotions except to tell me to do this.

I didn't know until now. I hate growing up. It all gets so confusing. For young people such as me, we are pulled in so very, very many directions. We must take care of our family members, we have to deal with family issues such as a new fishing vessel, we must keep our grades up, we must put aside our own romantic feelings for the better good.

I'm sorry. I am complaining. I just feel a bit overwhelmed and I hate losing Mamma.

I'm so glad Carl will be there.

With love,
~Cat

Old 01-28-2014, 03:12 AM   #2
Certified Cake Maniac

I know it is hard, Cat and I feel for you right now. It has been great that you could spend this time with your Mamma and I am sure she will be back again. Say goodbye from me and tell her or Carl to give you a big hug from me as well.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:38 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat, count your blessing in that you had Mamma for a lot longer than you thought you would. If she hadn't gotten sick, she would have gone home with Papa. And in just four months you will see them again after school is out.

Addie
Old 01-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Cat, many American young people are so happy to go away to school and get away from their parents, without thinking the way you do. Most don't realize what they have received from their parents until years later. You are a special girl.

What will the weather be like in Romania when she arrives?
Old 01-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
Proud American

Right now it's under heavy fog and 16F. I'm worried about that fog. Papa is on his way to Brasov from Constanta to pick her up and they will have to drive through it.

I hope Mamma drives them home! Papa is a menace on the roads, even in clear weather.

I did get to spend more time with Mamma, and I think I became very spoiled. I think I'm very spoiled anyway, for complaining so much.

I know why Carl wanted away from his Mom because of her boyfriend, yes, but why anyone would wish to be away from most of their family makes no sense, unless they have a horrible family.

But then, I adore DA and I would do anything for her. I do hear from friends sometimes that I must socialize, go out shopping with friends and all that but if I did all that, who will take care of DA? How would I get my studies done? It's bad enough to know I will be in Brasov this summer and I'll have to leave DA! We'll hire a private nurse to live with DA under the supervision of sweet, dear Gwen. I hate that!!

Oh I'm complaining. I'm sorry. Uck! Why can't all of us be together in just one place? I envy Laki. Almost her whole family lives here! I did put my foot down to Mamma and Papa. They want me to be there for six weeks, and I said No. Just the month of July. DA needs me and I will worry the whole time about her.

I guess I'm in a very bad mood today. I'm sorry for ranting. It's snowing; Mamma left me a present for it began to snow as we said goodbye this morning. She knows I love snow, and I think it's snowing for us. I think I'll take Azia out and go play in it and throw snowballs for her. I'll feel better after this.

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #6
Master Chef

Cat, it is okay to miss your mamma! You are fortunate that your mamma is also your best friend! Not everyone can say that. I know I missed my family when I went away to college and it was only a 3 hour drive. I can't imagine having my family half a world away. Your emotions just show how truly grown up you are. You recognize the special place your family has in your life and cherish each moment with them instead of counting the minutes until they are gone. Wishing MammaCat safe travels and I'm glad Carl will be there with you when you have to say good-bye for now.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #7
Proud American

She should be landing any minute now, and they will drive home, about 150 km. I forgot she was flying into Sibiu this time. It's foggy there, too.

Thank you all! I feel better after eating some fresh, clean snow.

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #8
Proud American

Mamma is home!! Oh, such a long journey for her. She feels well, and Papa is so happy to have her back.

I'm very relieved, but I miss them! They said they miss me too.

The fog made Mamma's plane very late, then they had to drive to Brasov in the fog. The mountain roads are difficult in the fog, but Mamma was driving so they arrived safely.

She sends her best to all of you!

With love,
~Cat
Old 01-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #9
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm glad she arrived safely, Cat.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:02 AM   #10
Proud American

Thank you, Laurie! I was so worried about the fog. I know what it is there.

With love,
~Cat