"MAN"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A good man - I think so many of you already defined that and I agree. I LOVE it when strangers come up to me while we are out and point and say - "Is that your husband"? and I say "yes" and they say - "He pointed at you and I just heard him tell those people THAT'S my wife and then he told them how much he loves you - it must be nice". It IS nice - we are a lucky bunch of ladies. :)

(...but tomorrow I might just stand in a chair again with my finger in his face yelling :mrgreen:)

That reminds me of something that happened while my girlfriend and I were out one night.

She was on stage singing a Karaoke song ('Don't Cry Out Loud' by Melissa Manchester) and, when she finished, a stranger came up to her and told her how much she (the stranger) wished she had a video camera so she could show my girlfriend how I looked while she was on stage. She said it was obvious (by how I looked) that I adored her.

The Z said:
That reminds me of something that happened while my girlfriend and I were out one night.

She was on stage singing a Karaoke song ('Don't Cry Out Loud' by Melissa Manchester) and, when she finished, a stranger came up to her and told her how much she (the stranger) wished she had a video camera so she could show my girlfriend how I looked while she was on stage. She said it was obvious (by how I looked) that I adored her.

very very nice!:):heart::heart::heart:

I'm not going to toot my own horn. That's not what a good man should do. What I ask of myself is simply to be honorable in everything I do, and to place my wife above all else. My religeon is very important to me as well, and my kids, well that goes without saying. But a human, be they male or female are not nearly so different as one would believe. We are pushed by outside influences to believe that men have certain roles, needs, strengths, and weekneses, while women have a completely different set of the same. In reality, we all need someone reliable, someone who can love our failures as well as our successes. We need someone who will accept us unconditionally, and someone we cn accept in the same way. We need someone to inspire us, and to help keep us on the right course when we stray from it.

We all have moments of glory, and moments of shame. It was said that opposites attract, but don't often live well together. My wife and I have lived well together for nearly thirty years now. In foods, music, artistic preferences, activities, and many other categories, we are truly opposites. But we respect and love each other, and can compromise.

What I expect from my wife is that she gives to me her best, each and every year, day, hour, minute. And she can expect the same from me. My goal is to make her life fulfilling, happy, and exciting. Hers is to do the same for me.

The perfect man, I believe, is the man who doesn't shirk his responsibilities, especially to his God, Wife, and children. They come first. Self comes after their needs are met.

He also must try to use wisdom. He must be a great example, and must be honorable, which means more than simply truthful. And he must understand the double-edged swords of life, and make his choices accordingly.

I have weaknesses, just like every other person on the planet. My wife helps me overcome those, and helps me build on my strengths. I do the same for her. Marriage is about total commitment. There is no room for failure. If something is difficult, you work it out. And you never give up.

And love is not that infatuation described by Hollywood, it is the hard work, the willingness to be wrong, the giving up of something you want, so that another can have what they want, and most importantly, the commitment of all of your time, resources, and self to a relationship wherein you become one in purpose, one in value, and one with each other.

The perfect man, and perfect women are those people who, though they are not perfect, strive to be, each and every day.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom