"MAN"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A good man is one who puts God ahead of anything else, and others ahead of himself, but does not let others walk all over him either. He is kind, loving, and sensitive to others' needs, but he is also strong, masculine, and assertive. He also loves kids and animals. He tells the truth but does it in a way that is not hurtful (like when dinner isn't exactly to his liking). And he relinquishes control of the remote control now and then!

A good man (James/Maidrite) is what I got.

:) Barbara

Kind, considerate, (and to be married to me) a good sense of humor. A good man is a loving one who puts his family above all others.Thank you heavens above, I have such a man. :heart:

For me a good man is one that treats me right.
He makes me laugh and smile. He is honest and trustworthy.
He lets me cry and is
not afraid to cry with me. He touches me and loves to be
touched. He says "I love you easily and means it every time.
He talks to me and listens to me. He works hard to keep me
happy. He's smart and kind and gentle and strong. He knows
me well enough to understand why I am the way I am and
lets me be me. He's a good father and a good friend.
He loves his mother and the rest of his family.
He gives more than he takes. He pushes me to be better and has
faith that I can do anything that I want to do. He is my
husband.

pdswife said:
For me a good man is one that treats me right.
He makes me laugh and smile. He is honest and trustworthy.
He lets me cry and is
not afraid to cry with me. He touches me and loves to be
touched. He says "I love you easily and means it every time.
He talks to me and listens to me. He works hard to keep me
happy. He's smart and kind and gentle and strong. He knows
me well enough to understand why I am the way I am and
lets me be me. He's a good father and a good friend.
He loves his mother and the rest of his family.
He gives more than he takes. He pushes me to be better and has
faith that I can do anything that I want to do. He is my
husband.
oooooooooooooh! Add this to mine too!

texasgirl said:
You two REALLY were made for each other!!!!!:)
Thanks texasgirl!

Once upon a time, many years ago, I was dating three men. Two romantically, one platonically. One day I woke up and realized that I had my priorities really messed up. One man only ate steak, burgers, bakes and fries. Oh, dear oh me. Another was young (only a year or two younger than I, but in terms of life experience, a generation) and had so much emotional baggage that I was feeling like I needed a shrink after a weekend with him. I simply woke up one day and smelled the coffee, as Ann used to say. Who was showing up when I had a problem? Who took me to the fun places? Who had friends I liked? Who WANTED to meet my family? It became a real "duh" thing, and I dumped my romantic dates and married my platonic friend.

One day I was at work (after marriage), and a female coworker asked me how I managed to "find" the perfect man for me. I came up with a list:

-No illegal drugs. Ever. Period. Never. Been there, done that, don't even want a Tshirt.
-NO lies. I suspect I'd probably forgive one, but he's never given me reason to. Not even "oh I was stuck in traffic" when he was really out with the boys. Maybe because as far as I'm concerned he can go out with the boys, but in fact, he couldn't care less about that. Trust, Trust, Trust.
-Common Interests. This matters so much, and is, at the root of it, a cause of a lot of problems. Opposites DO attract, but they don't necessarily live together in any semblance of harmony for long. There was so much we loved to do together, and even when it comes to tastes in, say TV programs, we're on a common chord. Eventually, if you don't like the same things, you'll find someone who DOES like the same things as you, and trouble is sure to follow. I've been asked many times on this and the previous food forum, and firmly believe ... remember ... you'll be with this person for at least 2 meals a day for the rest of eternity.
-A common moral background. Several have mentioned religion, and that is definitely one aspect of it. In our case, we're both "devout non-practicing Catholics", and while we don't always agree on subjects of faith, we're starting and finishing at the same place. If religion is important to you, you bet your fanny it better be important to the man in your life, or it isn't going to be happy. But it isn't strictly religion. I've known many athiests who were far more honest than some holier-than-though "christians". Make sure you believe in the same things, at the core, in your heart, where it counts.

The coworker who asked me this question responded that I sure as aitch-e-double-hockey-sticks must think a lot of myself if I required that of a man (she honestly did not believe there was such a thing as an honest man!) ... was I ready to be single the rest of my life? I simply said, yes, I do think a lot of myself, and you should too. And I was ready to be single the rest of my life (I've been married 20+ years), because, since I like me, it isn't a punishment. Ironically, my husband felt the same way. We were perfectly happy in our own lives and homes, and simply happier together.

a good man..take my dh and my father roll them together, perfect man..They both put family ahead of others, God was all things and above all to be in our lives and hearts, trust, these two you can bet are home five to 10 min. after work, you can depend on them for courage, structure, tenderness, faithfulness, kindness, truth, firmness when needed..Two of the best fathers on earth..giving and loving..All in all my heroes! Marriage isn't something we take for granted, we must work at it to make it beautiful...DH makes it that way for me just as dad did for mom. And after 43 years, things are the same only sweeter and better:)

kadesma

a good man, based upon my point of view, is a guy that shows respect, warmth, love and affection to his wife/fiance/girlfriend, cares about his children and encourages them (if he has children), holds and opens doors for people, drops a dollar or two into the salvation army bucket at the grocery store, nods to or smiles at people in the street even though he may not know them, treats his Mother with the utmost respect, and makes you want to smile when you see him.

msalper,

I think you are going to make your future wife very happy someday. Don't worry--impatience is the worst thing to give in to. The right girl will come along when you least expect it.

Back
Top Bottom