Man Dies After Ruby Tuesday Serves Him Wrong Dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been there and will not be back :sick:
I love Ruby Tuesdays. I was excited when we finally got them in North Carolina. I'd missed them since moving from California. I usually just get a burger though. Maybe we'll go there tonight.

And, IronChef, I agree. It's hard to believe he couldn't see the difference.

Just how much protection does society, collectively or individually owe to individuals? These pictures, and the menu descriptions are pretty clear. A person knowing he deathly allergic to something, who does not carry the antidote with him, does not look to see if the dish has crab and asparagus, or tomatoes on it, and now, presumably a suit and settlement will ensue, which we all will pay for. Accidents will happen. Everything has someone allergic to it. If we remove all allergy potential, we will all die of starvation. Personal responsibility must come into play at some point.

I have been there and will not be back :sick:

I've been there and I didn't like it either. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either. We did have a terrible waitress (I ordered a very spicy dish and she never ONCE came back to refill my drink!) but I can't blame that one the chain. They sure are getting a bad wrap lately though, because they recently had some publicity for kicking a woman out of their restaurant who was nursing her baby.

A Florida woman is suing the franchise Ruby Tuesdays because they apparently asked her to breast feed her baby in the restroom or outside their restaurant. According to Florida law, mothers are permitted unconditionally to breastfeed anywhere, public or private, covered or uncovered.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a link to the story so I don't know the whole story. It was just a post on the Babytalker's forum awhile back. I wish she would have linked the story.

I've been there and I didn't like it either. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either. We did have a terrible waitress (I ordered a very spicy dish and she never ONCE came back to refill my drink!) but I can't blame that one the chain. They sure are getting a bad wrap lately though, because they recently had some publicity for kicking a woman out of their restaurant who was nursing her baby.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a link to the story so I don't know the whole story. It was just a post on the Babytalker's forum awhile back. I wish she would have linked the story.

Mother alleges discrimination while breastfeeding at a Ruby Tuesday : St. Lucie County : TCPalm

Here ya go!

They sure are getting a bad wrap lately though, because they recently had some publicity for kicking a woman out of their restaurant who was nursing her baby.
I would say bad press on that one depends strickly on what side of the coin your opinion of public breast feeding is on. But that's a discussion for a different thread.

I stopped after work at Chili's on Friday and my server had just graduated nursing school and a friend of his stopped by to talk to him about the state test he was going to be taking and one of the things on the test is food and medicine reactions. I asked him what he thought about the Ruby Tuesday thing and he believes the person didn't inform the restaurant. He said he gets a handful of people a week that say "I'm allergic to X" and he's very careful. His opinion is the norm is people with severe allergies generally tell their servers. He also agreed with the majority, CARRY AN EPIPEN!! If you have allergies, you don't run around a restaurant asking for a benadryl if you have an epipen.

Not at all the same situation, but it shows the fact that restaurant workers care about the clientele. If he (the man) had mentioned to the waiter that he has allergy they (the restaurant workers) could have been much more careful. I was looking for a recipe once, of a particular dish in a restaurant, of course, nobody would give it away. So next time I was there I told the waiter that I had number of allergies and needed to know exactly the ingredients in the dish. He ran back to the kitchen and came back with a list of everything that was included in the dish and in the sauce.
What I’m trying to say is that the man really should have mentioned the fact that he has allergies to the waiter. It was His responsibility. The waiter could have made a mistake, happens a lot of times, especially in the busy hour, I have been brought a wrong dish number of times. Once I remember it looked much better than what I ordered, so I told I’ll just eat that dish, the other time it looked so bad that I said take it away. Things happen and in my opinion it is responsibility of the person to let everyone know about such an important thing like the allergies, unless one is playing Russian rulet.

Things happen and in my opinion it is responsibility of the person to let everyone know about such an important thing like the allergies, unless one is playing Russian rulet.

Russian Roulette is exactly what I thought of when first reading this thread.

Just how much protection does society, collectively or individually owe to individuals?

Pragmatically society can't protect anyone from anything.

Especially from themselves.

Back
Top Bottom