"Man of La Mahcha" performance last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Well, as they say in these parts, "It's all over but the shoutin'!"

What a night! Buck and I had a wonderful time and enjoyed a stellar performance at a phenomenal facility: Carson Center, Paducah KY, Performing Arts

We'd settled in yesterday afternoon in the same-old, same-old routine and had our dinner and evening planned. Chicken for dinner and some television. That all changed when one of my girlfriends, Darla, called to say a friend of hers had won 2 tickets to a performance of Man of La Mancha at our local performing arts center. She couldn't use them and asked my Darla if she knew anyone who'd be interested in going. Immediately Darla thought of Buck and me.

She called about 4:30 and we jumped at the chance. To make things even sweeter, they were going to deliver the tickets to us. We didn't even have to pick them up. There were about 18 miles away.

In order to get to the 7:30 performance, we had to leave at 6:30 so we went into micro-speed mode. Washed hair, changed duds, make-up, the whole schmeer.

We arrived at the theater in ample time and went straight to our seats. That is, after we waded through a lobby awash with mink coats. Everyone looked beautiful.

Our seats were about the best we could've asked for...dead center, nine rows from the stage. Perfect! There are just over 1800 seats and it looked as though last night was sold out.

The scenery was spectacular, as were the costumes. Sound and acoustics perfect. This theater is state-of-the-art and a real jewel in this area's crown.

We had a wonderful time and, what fun, sat next to some people who had moved to this area from the same town I lived in in Minnesota quite a few years ago. They even knew my uncle, who had been the chief of police there for many years. Small world. We had a great time chatting with them before the play and during intermission.

When the play ended, at about 10:00, we were sad it was over and floated to our car. I'm still replaying the evening in my head. I love Man of La Mancha and can still hear Richard Kiley singing as Don Quixote when I saw it in New York too many years ago to count.

What a treat! Now I'm trying to come up with a nice way to say "thank you" for the person responsible for giving us the tickets because she gave us nearly $100 worth of tickets.

Glad you had such a wonderful time!!! We saw it a few years ago and loved it also. It's a great play.

It was a memorable evening for sure. Yeah, the performance was great. Yeah, the stage set and lighting were great. Yeah, the performances were great. BUT what really made the evening memorable was that Katie insisted on wearing her mink and then demanded that I do too. To make for an even more memorable time, she got clumsy and spilled her popcorn all over both of us.
Does anybody know how to get butter stains out of a mink coat?
Ya can dress her up, but ya can't...

Buck

Buck - you just have to find a mother mink - she will lick it off thinking she is cleaning one of her babies ;)

Back
Top Bottom