Marathon Bombing verdict's in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Many of you remember the dark days in Massachusetts two years ago, when two brothers "allegedly" set off two bombs near the Marathon finish line, killing three. A few days later, these brothers "allegedly" shot and killed an MIT officer. The jury of seven women and five men just came in with verdicts on all 30 counts, including many sub-counts, and found him guilty of all. As the legal consultant for a local TV station put it, it was a slam-dunk.

Those who lost family and dear friends will NEVER get their loved ones back because of this. However, this verdict might bring a bit of peace to all those who wanted to see some sort of justice for this evil act.

Now the jury will go on to the penalty phase - death, or live in prison. It will be much more difficult decision for these strong jurors than finding him guilty. Prayers for them, if you are a praying person.

In the words of my dear, mild-mannered husband: "He's SO screwed!!!"

Your husband is right. He's not the only one thinking that.
I have no sympathy for what those 2 did.Did they really expect to walk away from that marathon free men? The victims didn't.

They wouldn't get a life in prison verdict from me. The other option would be swift,but carried out.

The Richard family are neighbors of mine and I saw them at a local restaurant together the night before the bombing...

I saw them again at the same restaurant last Friday, just days before the prosecution introduced Martin's graphic autopsy as evidence. I spoke to Bill very briefly (he has lost most of his hearing) and I cannot describe to you the utter devastation the family -- and all of the victims -- have endured. They have put things back together the best that they can, but my heart breaks for them.

I pray for all the victims and hope they gain some measure of closure from the decision.

Well, he was found guilty on all thirty charges. That certainly qualifies him for the death penalty. But I don't want him put to death. He will sit there for years through appeal after appeal and in the end still lose. No, I want a life sentence. He won't be able to be out in the general population. Since he is in his early 20's, let him sit in solitary confinement until he dies of natural causes. If he should ever have any medical needs, don't waste too many of our tax dollars on getting him well again. Just enough to keep him alive. He is in his early 20's. Let him sit in a cell alone for the next 40-50 years. Let him know what it is to be the most hated person in this country. And as long as he is alive, we will never forget. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom