Maria Fire..almost got us..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
The "Maria Fire" here in Santa Paula got us evacuated yesterday afternoon after watching our South Mountain in flames Halloween night. It's the 2,000 foot mountain we look at every day from our front porch. The only thing that separates us from the base of the mountain is the dry brush filled river bed and when that caught fire too, we were in BIG trouble. When the automated phone call came to "evacuate immediately" we threw everything into the cars from the list we had prepared along with our disabled next door neighbor who was stuck without transportation. We found a motel in the next town east of us away from the smoke and fire, and after her daughter came and got our neighbor, SC and I spent the night there praying we would have a home left. We were able to come back a couple hours ago, and thanks to both God and our hero firefighters, our home and the homes of our neighbors are safe and sound.
The house smells of smoke, and the air quality is horrible but we are so very grateful to have our home. This Maria fire has burned 10,000 acres.

Glad it didn't get you or your home! What a lovely thing to do for your neighbor and her daughter.

That\s wonderful news Kayelle!

I'm not going to complain about internet and power outages when I think of the devastation you came so close to!

Kay, I've been really concerned about you and SC. So grateful to hear that you were well prepared and that you two and your home are OK! How terrifying that must have been. Will be saying prayers for all in the area, including the firefighters.

All these fires just make me sick to my stomach. :(

Back
Top Bottom