"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine l View Post
congrats on the new job! And where are the pictures?
Only Coco or Mark are savvy enough to put up pictures...and Mark is only around long enough for the meatballs.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #12
Executive Chef

renting a car

They want to rent a car tomorrow through Thursday. Don't blame them, especially since I'll have the car stuck at the new job. They used to have a very nice home in the Poconos. Lived there year round for three years after using it only for weekends for 10. The last winter they lived there almost did them in, hence the relocation to Florida.

Jim is 72 and I worry about him doing that long drive from my place to the Poconos. I'm telling them to do it tomorrow as opposed to Wednesday when the forecast is rain rain rain.

I found a cake pan in the oven just now. The bread knife was in the silverware drawer. She folded my laundry. I figure why not...the second refrigerator is beginning to look like a science project. Maybe my Dad is in the mood to clean one..? He's already got my sink sparkling, my laundry area looking positively foreign, and the microwave has a protective paper towel on the turntable. They're cleaning the kitchen now....I wanted to help but Marianne told me to lay my clothes out for work tomorrow.

She talked to Maxi, the stray cat and has fed the front step squirrels. She even bought another bag of peanuts for them. They bought me a snowman to compliment the snowman collection I have out this time of year. How can anyone not love these people?? I'm so glad the refrigerator cleaning fairy is coming.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

congrats. and say hi to the parents. they sound like people i would adore. it is a blessing they are up and at em, at their age.i should know.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #14
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Veera - I am beyond happy for you. That is absolutely great. A good thing has come to a good person - Congratulations.

AC
Old 12-08-2008, 09:49 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Good deal on the new gig Vera that govt vacation is sort of nice for a bit though isint it... I wish I could have enjoyed it more but I was so stressed about finding a job...

The Poonos almost did my grandparents in! Living in mortal fear of hitting a dear with the crown vic is tough on the heart... my grandmother is in her 90s ans still cruising west palm in the land yaght though
Old 12-09-2008, 11:17 AM   #16
Head Chef

Congrats VB! Great news!

About that snowman collection though... are you related somehow to my wife? She has an unhealthy obsession with those things.

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Congrats Vera! That is wonderful news!

Ah, the love of parents. I can't wait until my own refrigerator cleaning fairy comes to visit ;-)