"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #11
Thumbs up

I really enjoy her magazine - a Canadian friend always brings a copy when she visits. I haven't made many recipes, but love reading them...have a couple of books too!

Fiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #12
Executive Chef
I like her decorating books and her old house renovating guides. She's really the queen of architectural antiques. I love seeing the old things she re-purposes. Her show is another story - I find her a little boring on her shows. But her guest appearances on late night talk shows are hysterical!!! Did anyone catch her on one where she teaches Borat to make a bed properly?

Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #13
Sous Chef
I think shes a fraud.

Stewart was found guilty in March 2004 of conspiracy, obstruction of an agency proceeding, and making false statements to federal investigators and sentenced in July 2004 to serve a five month term in a federal correctional facility and a two year period of supervised release (to include five months of home confinement).

Of course, spending 5 months of house arrest probably gave her some great ideas of how to make her million dollar home alittle more cozy.
"wok-a wok-a"
BBQ Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #14
Sous Chef
I used to package her soap/lotion/candle making kits.

My sister sets up all the kits for her, packages them and send them to her.
NAchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #15
Senior Cook
Originally Posted by *amy* View Post
I've made a few of her recipes. I have to give her some kudos in that she is always reinventing herself. Go Martha.
I agree, she really knows how to succeed. Did anyone see her at the NY Macy's Flower Show? She was at the ribbon cutting ceremony.

IronSides is offline   Reply With Quote