Martha Stewart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IronSides

Senior Cook
Anyone a fan of hers? I like a lot of her stuff-- she always seems to do simple and elegant designs. I missed her at the New York flower show a couple of weeks ago; did anyone get to go? Word is she's starting a new floral line w. 1-800-Flowers.com in April... I'm excited to see what she does.

I like her. She's another resource for good recipes. Like her lemon buttermilk pound cake which actually came out like a real pound cake when I tried it. I liked the format of her old show better though, it went into more depth on each topic.

Mmmmmm.. that lemon poundcake sounds really good. My grandma made something similar to that for Easter and it was delicious. I also liked the old format of her show better, but I still like watching the new one. I checked out a preview of her new floral designs and they all look so pretty!

I record her program during the week and "skim" the recordings on the weekend. The new format doesn't hold my attention like the old one did. I do get some good ideas and inspiration from the show, though.

For what it's worth, I made her mother's hot cross buns for Easter and they were fabulous.

Just another over-exposed celebrity now. Gotta hand it to her for business savvy though (except the whole 'getting caught' thing :LOL:) now that she's bought Emeril, she's a powerhouse again. I didn't mind watching the old show either, but the new one feels more like an afterthought to juggling umpteen bajillion dollars.

Just another over-exposed celebrity now. Gotta hand it to her for business savvy though (except the whole 'getting caught' thing :LOL:) now that she's bought Emeril, she's a powerhouse again. I didn't mind watching the old show either, but the new one feels more like an afterthought to juggling umpteen bajillion dollars.

Yeah, I agree-- she is a great business woman. I am just impressed by her talent-- this bouquet from her new floral line I thought was gorgeous. I will never be the domestic goddess she is!

img_574647_0_99ef518431c329e18acc9333cbc05f68.png

http://1800flowers.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/catalog_1800flowers/MSLO_2008/index.aspx

She has so many different things that are interesting on her show and also the Everyday Food and Everyday Baking shows. I don't understand why she needs all those so-called celebrities who often have nothing but a name to contribute. I suppose I'm getting a bit blase about many shows. Usually if I'm watching something, I'm doing something else at the same time.

Anyone a fan of hers? I like a lot of her stuff-- she always seems to do simple and elegant designs. I missed her at the New York flower show a couple of weeks ago; did anyone get to go? Word is she's starting a new floral line w. 1-800-Flowers.com in April... I'm excited to see what she does.

I've made a few of her recipes. I have to give her some kudos in that she is always reinventing herself. Go Martha.

I like Martha, too. Some of the recipes on her show are great. I don't do crafts, though, so usually switch to something else when they have those segments.

She "bought Emeril"???

I really enjoy her magazine - a Canadian friend always brings a copy when she visits. I haven't made many recipes, but love reading them...have a couple of books too!

I like her decorating books and her old house renovating guides. She's really the queen of architectural antiques. I love seeing the old things she re-purposes. Her show is another story - I find her a little boring on her shows. But her guest appearances on late night talk shows are hysterical!!! Did anyone catch her on one where she teaches Borat to make a bed properly?

I think shes a fraud.

Stewart was found guilty in March 2004 of conspiracy, obstruction of an agency proceeding, and making false statements to federal investigators and sentenced in July 2004 to serve a five month term in a federal correctional facility and a two year period of supervised release (to include five months of home confinement).

Of course, spending 5 months of house arrest probably gave her some great ideas of how to make her million dollar home alittle more cozy.

Last edited:
I used to package her soap/lotion/candle making kits.

My sister sets up all the kits for her, packages them and send them to her.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom