Mashed Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We live along a busy interstate, and sometimes a big semi loaded with goodies will turn over. They usually pull out the truck, and trash the trailer and it's contents. People go out there and haul away whatever they can. I remember in particular a load of oranges and another of Corning Ware.

:LOL::LOL:I have a friend that grew up in California she was one of 5 sisters her dad came across a turned over truck that scattered feminine products every where he gathered all the tampax and pads he could fit in his car.I thought what a great dad and the man must of saved a bunch of cash.How funny it must have been to see him gathering those things.Having that many daughters must have made him less embarrased than most people.:LOL:

and quite possibly insane, huh jpmcgrew?

5 daughters!?! the guy musta looked like a twitchy ex-professional hockey goalie.

with shell shock.

does anyone get the feeling that they're being stared at?

Last edited:
One Spring Break, we rounded a bend on some lonesome highway in the Everglades and came upon a semi full of... well formerly full of Budweiser beer!
Unfortunately, there were lots of Florida's finest on the scene already, or it would have been sitting room only in my friend's Toyota Tercel. Free beer was free beer back then... even Bud was drinkable at that price! LOL

LOL
I wonder how all those potatoes got on the road.:)

Mel

Bad soil conditions, probably Strike action!

it`s a Soil Providers Union Dispute (S.P.U.D) for short, someone`s gunna get Fired I`ll bet!

I wonder if it`ll be with a spud gun?

I can beat this one.

I have the Yahoo traffic map for northern Los Angeles County/San Fernando Valley/Ventura County on my Google page for quick reference before leaving work to drive home. One day a few weeks ago, there was a report of an overturned truck on the 405 near Santa Monica Blvd and "chickens clucking in the center divider." About an hour later there was a second report regarding CalTrans not being permitted to remove dead chickens from the freeway for health reasons. Now, where's that old guy in the white suit when you REALLY need him?

Last edited:
I had a neighbor in CO that would have loved this, Buck!

One Saturday morning I woke up to hear his VW and a bunch of "crunching" going on ... sounded like he was stuck and trying to get his car out of a rut or something .... so I got up to see if I could help him.

Turns out Rod had been collecting beer cans for a couple of months and had them all dumped out in the back yard .... and was driving back and forth to crush them ... only to take them ONE BLOCK down the street to the recycling center - which had a crusher! Took him about 2 hours to crush them down to one load .... probably would have only taken 4 or 5 at most uncrushed.

I miss Rod - life just doesn't have those little moments without him!

Last edited:
Many years ago my dad was working as a "cleanup" person when there were overturned trucks. We ate eggs for about 3 months. And there was another time he came home with cases full of candy and gum. Needless to say ALOT of that was given away.

As for the spuds... load 'em up. I'm on my way !!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom