Masterchef Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
is anyone watching masterchef canada?

it's pretty much the same show as masterchef in the u.s., but (obviously) with canadian judges.

i love the american version, and while i find a lot of things to like in the canuck version, there's something kind of odd about it. i can't quite describe it, but i get the same feeling when i watch chopped canada (also a duplicate).

the lighting and camera angles and close ups are just slightly uncomfortable to watch at times, and even the judges seem a little weird. they don't mesh like the american version.

it almost feels like they're trying too hard, not just letting the show work.

anyone else watch masterchef canada, or chopped canada?

I haven't seen MasterChef Canada, but I followed this season's US MasterChef. Did you see the season finale last night, bucky? :)

yes! it was a 50/50 shot. i liked them both, but i have to say i'm glad courtney won.

none of the background bs or nothin'.

It was close, wasn't it. :) I was glad to see Courtney win as well. Elizabeth gave her a run for the money, for sure. I think her undercooked lamb lost her the title. Leslie got lucky with the baking competition - his attitude bothered me throughout the season but he kind of redeemed himself there towards the end. JMO :LOL:

I've seen Chopped Canada a few times and I have the same feeling about it. The host uses the exact same phrases as Ted on the American version and almost seems embarrassed about it. I haven't seen MasterChef Canada, either.

We followed the US MasterChef, too. I loved that Courtney won. Elizabeth was good, too, but she was really rattled during the finale.

I watch Chopped Canada and Masterchef Canada all the time. I liked Chopped Canada when Michael Smith is one of the judges. He is one of my favourite TV chefs. Chuck ... is also good (Chuck's Day Off). It has a Canadian flavour, they both do. I don't always catch Chopped (US) or Masterchef. Whatever happened to Iron Chef?

i liked the original japanese iron chef, but not the american version.

i liked watching the japanese show for cultural reason as well as the cooking. sort of like people watching at the beach combined with seeing what they're eating.

the american iron chef tried to be a little campy and a little serious at the same time. it didn't really work.

as far as masterchef canada goes, i like the english judge and the other dark haired guy, but the asian dude is annoying. he sort if sounds like an asian elmer fudd that has a chip on his shoulder. it's difficult to take that seriously.
we have gordon ramsay for that part, but for some reason it feels ok to be told to f off by a guy with a strong english accent, lol. like it's still sort of polite.

but it's also the production values that are kinda weird with m-chef canada. oddly quick cuts, bad lighting and strangely timed close ups mixed in with an otherwise enjoyable show.

I used to like Masterchef over here when the contestants were amateurs but latterly they have been professional chefs which isn't in the spirit of the show.

i with a strong english accent, lol. like it's still sort of polite.

but it's also the production values that are kinda weird with m-chef canada. oddly quick cuts, bad lighting and strangely timed close ups mixed in with an otherwise enjoyable show.
That's just Canadian cinematography. When I first moved here, I really noticed that, now I've gotten used to it. It only took me 25+ years.

i liked the original japanese iron chef, but not the american version.

i liked watching the japanese show for cultural reason as well as the cooking. sort of like people watching at the beach combined with seeing what they're eating.

the american iron chef tried to be a little campy and a little serious at the same time. it didn't really work.

as far as masterchef canada goes, i like the english judge and the other dark haired guy, but the asian dude is annoying. he sort if sounds like an asian elmer fudd that has a chip on his shoulder. it's difficult to take that seriously.
we have gordon ramsay for that part, but for some reason it feels ok to be told to f off by a guy with a strong english accent, lol. like it's still sort of polite.

" for some reason it feels ok to be told to f off by a guy with a strong english accent, lol. like it's still sort of polite." It might be prevalent on television but I can assure you that it is considered far from polite in real life in the UK.

Oddly enough, we tend to think that it's acceptable in the USA - probably due to the widespread use of it in films.

Back
Top Bottom