May be Getting a Bulldog!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do hope it works out for you Corey, dogs are such wonderful companions. I can't imagine what my life would be like without them!

Thank you.

Yeah, I kind of settled down, and I now do volunteer work tutoring children in school. That's only two days a week.

I'd love to have a pet around, and Deuce will be the perfect pet, since he's a bulldog I know that he's already spoiled rotten. He likes to be pampered and spoiled. That's how bulldogs are. They'll love you to death, but they want & need the same attention back in return.

It'll be almost like adopting a child because he wants things handed to him on a silver platter.

I just know that we'll get along great! He'll want a lot of love and attention and I can give it to him.

Last edited:
Corey, be careful, these spoiled rotten muts will take for everything they can get!!! When I am at home, working from home, sitting still, I have a lap companion all day long. The thing I like most about dogs is that unconditional love that they give you. It is such a refreshing feeling to come home and see how excited they are to see you... can't remember DH ever being that excited! Even if you are gone for 10 minutes, to them it is like days!

Keep us posted, I think Deuce will have a wonderful home with you!!!

Thank you.

Right now, my main goal is to try to aquire him. I sincerely hope that his owner likes my seggestion on getting him to me. I really want him so bad!

Yes you're right, they ARE spoiled. Bulldogs INSIST on getting their owners' complete undivided attention.

Deuce is a very loving dog, and he expects to be loved in return like all dogs and cats do. And they DO love to be in their masters' lap! Pets are just like taking care of a baby. You must plan your schedule around theirs.

Last edited:
Rescuing dogs is awesome. Our first dog was a pound rescue puppy. He was a great dog, not a purebred, but neither were we. Our current dog was rescued by my grandparents' friends as a puppy when she was found wandering on the roadside. She lived with my grandpa until he died and we "inherited" her. She's a shorty Jack mix and is lazy, noisy, demanding, and uncooperative. In other words, she's family.

Yes, and if for some reason I don't get Deuce, I'll immediately start working on getting another Bulldog!

And I'll name HIM Deuce! But I truly hope and wish for it to work out well for me like my filing for disability did!

Last edited:
Bulldogs and other breeds just don't know how good they got it. You just gotta love 'em!!
:) Corey, Maybe if you offer to pay the gas and a nice lunch the owner will bring Deuce to you, especially if you explain your situation.It may be worth it to the owner as they are sure Deuce is getting a good parent. Or you could advertise in the paper or radio to have someone bring him to you if they are going that way anyway of course you would pay the gas and maybe another $ 20.00 for a tip

Sounds like a good plan!

I'll run that by her, but she might be in a rush when she drops off Deuce so that he can be with me.

I'm trying my best to prove to her that I can get Deuce home with me safely. I want to give him the best love that there is to offer.

I've never been more serious than I am right now.

Last edited:
Haven't heard any more about Duece lately. He has two candidates though - me and a couple who might be interrested.

I hope they turn him down so that I can have him. He needs to be here with me. The owner DID say that she's not in a rush. He's still with her. I offered to pay her gas money for her trip back and buy her lunch if she gives him to me.

Last edited:
Good news everyone!! It's official. I'm getting Duece!

I've desparately worked my magic, and it has paid off. I'm now going to prepare the apt. for his homecoming. He should be here next Wednesday if the weather is good.

I'm so happy! It's almost like adopting a child! Wish me luck, y'all. I'll post a pic of him as my avator.

Last edited:
Good news everyone!! It's official. I'm getting Duece!

I've desparately worked my magic, and it has paid off. I'm now going to prepare the apt. for his homecoming. He should be here next Wednesday if the weather is good.

I'm so happy! It's almost like adopting a child! Wish me luck, y'all. I'll post a pic of him as my avator.

i am so happy for you. give him a hug for me and thomas, my cat.:mellow::mellow:

babe:blink::excl:

sorry playing with smiles. lol

Thank you both! Judging from his pic, he looks like a fat little butterball.

The owner doesn't want to drive up in bad weather, and wants to bring Deuce to me during warm sunny Wednesday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom